UK ladies - post partum check-up at the GP

felix555

Reaction score
I have mine tomorrow and just wondering what to expect.

What happened at yours? ....

Not a lot. At mine the gp looked over lil one and checked his weight etc... she asked me how I was feeling and how I thought my section scar was...she didnt even look! Xxx

At mine, the doctor asked how I was getting on, whether I had any concerns about myself or the baby. He did a top to toe check over DD. Only asked about my stitches, he said they don't do an examination as a matter of course any more, but he could check if I wanted. I said no after that, who actually WANTS a stranger to look at their bits?! :lol:

We also discussed contraception ;)

Asked about recovery, contraception and how I was feeling/adjusting.

xo

I was anaemic after having dd, so took bloods for testing, checked how I was feeling, blood pressure, asked how my stitches healed, was i getting enough sleep and support, discussed contraception...

My appt did not check dd at all, it was made for me not for her. She had her 8 week check a couple of weeks later along with her vaccinations...

Dont worry too much about it - to me it was pretty useless

who actually WANTS a stranger to look at their bits?! :lol:

That would be me! :thumbup:

I'd rather have them check me out and make sure everything is ok. I go to the gynecologist every year for a checkup, it's like going to the dentist! (Minus the flossing, phew!)

Not a lot. I seen the nurse and then LO seen the doctor. Nurse went over my labour, asked how I was feeling, checked my weight and blood pressure. Think that was about it.

Doctor then weighed LO and done a full check, same as they do when they are born. Then asked if I had any concerns with him and that was about it. Whole thing was about 20 mins.

I had my stitches checked because they're sore :-( at 10 weeks pp too! My lo had a separate appointment for his 6-8 week check x

My doctor did a really thorough check of LO (possibly because she had a student in the room who was learning). It's difficult to remember everything now but she checked in her mouth, checked her reflexes (by holding her head with her hands and dropping her head slightly then catching her head in her hands - this was actually fine even though it sounds a bit worrying!), she checked how many creases were in her hands, she checked behind her ears, she checked she was actually a girl(!) and she checked her head strength. That's all I can really remember. She asked me how I was and spoke to me about contraception. She didn't look at my stitches but then I was under a consultant anyway due to them splitting.

Not a lot! Not once did the doctor ask about me - not my stitches, emotional health, contraception or anything, which surprised me a lot. My MW had joked with me the last time I saw her to make sure I went to the appt as it was for my health too, as recently they had some dads taking their LOs to it! My DH may as well have taken LO as the doc didn't even acknowledge I was there really.

He did a thorough check over of DS and we were out in a matter of minutes. Then we saw the nurse to get DS's first vaccinations.

My doc just went on about contraceptives for 10 mins!

My doc just went on about contraceptives for 10 mins!

When I had Logan I was pestered about contraceptives in the hospital soon after having him, must have looked young and reckless or something :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->