UK maternity hospitals...

MMAmummy

Mum to 2 boys & WTT #3
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I'm 7w 5d just now and have already met my midwife at 6 weeks. At that first appointment she asked which hospital I'd like to deliver in and I chose the most popular one.

I've since discovered that my sister is also expecting and is due two weeks before me. She'll be delivering at the same hospital so there's a chance we could be in together. I am not in touch with her or the rest of my family after a major fallout over my 4yo DS. We've not spoken for two years.

The thought of my happy time being ruined if she is there with me is making me upset. I want to rearrange my plans and deliver at a different hospital closer to where we live to avoid this possible situation. However, I've already got a 12 week scan appointment for the hospital I told the midwife I wanted.

Do you know if it's possible to change hospitals after already saying which one I wanted? If I turned up at my 2nd choice maternity hospital in labour they couldn't turn me away, could they?

I think its fine to change your mind its not set in stone which hospital, some women are far from home when in labour sometimes it can't be helped, I'm sure midwife would be fine with it x

Just worried because my scan is already booked. Will give my modwife a call. Thanks x

I'm sure it would be fine to change x

I can't see why it would be a problem to change hospitals especially if you explain the reasons why x

You can always change. And you're right, you can be in labour and turn up anywhere and they'll take you (unless they are full, of course, then you'd have to divert elsewhere). Plenty of ladies go into labour while visiting family or while away and just go to the nearest one. You can also decide last minute that you want a home birth and stay at home and they'll send someone out to you, even if that wasn't your original plan. It won't matter where your scan is because they just put the report in your notes and it goes with you anywhere. While the chances of you and your sister being there at the same time are small, there's no sense feeling stressed about it on the day, so might as well change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->