UK maternity leave and bank holidays

Halle71

Pregnant with number 2!
Reaction score
Hello

I had my return to work meeting today and I think they have given me the wrong info about my holiday entitlement. I'm a bit surprised as I work for a big ad agency that is part of a massive network and has a 'proper' HR department so I wanted to see what other people think before I contest it.

I currently get 23 days holiday plus bank holidays taking me to 31 days this year (I'll be off for the whole of 2013). As the statutory minimum holiday entitlement for all employees is now 28 days I was under the impression that I would accrue 23 days regular holiday plus 5 bank holidays to take me up to the stat. minimum of 28 days, then possibly the additional bank holidays, but at their discretion.
However I was told I do not accrue bank holidays, only my regular 23 days.

Does anyone have any experience in this area or has anyone looked into it themselves?

Many thanks

Hx

I don't think I accrue bank holidays, I am taking a year off, I get the equivalent of 6 weeks and 2 days off for the year NOT including bank holidays which I am taking at the moment, I think it is 31 days not including bank holidays (I am part time though) they give us an extra 2 days on our entitlement but it is automatically used over the Christmas period when we are closed but on mat leave I DO get this given back to me, but not bank holidays. If that makes sense.

It's stated quite clearly in our maternity policy that we do not accrue bank holidays. I don't really know the legal ins and outs but def looks like it's done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->