UK Mummas?! midwife question

rm1234

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can request your midwife from a previous pregnancy? I absolutely loved her and don't want anyone else. Idk how to go about it. Help?!

I imagine it depends where you are but I think you'll be allocated one, you might be able to all when you book your 8week appointment but I guess there's no guarantee

I'm not sure but I'm sure it would be on the system who she is. At your midwife appt you can mention it :) I hope you find her ♡♡

You get allocated one. Normally one that covers your surgery. My last one was horrible but she's retirwd now and the new one is lush. I'm sure she gave me loads of paperwork with my yellow book at the booking appointment and it said if your not happy with your midwife or you wish to change then u can. Basically anything to make your pregnancy better for you I guess. Request her. No harm in trying to get the same one if she's still around/ working in your area x

I've still got her phone number. I'll give her a call. Thank you ladies :) x

I requested the same midwife with my second and got her and I had moved GPs so woulfnt have been allocated to her.

I did go through my GP when I got my BFP. I emailed hospital maternity directly and they called me to register me and I asked for her

It just meant that as she didn't work out of my surgery she visited me at home. She told me that they just asked her if she was happy to take me on and she said yes. So it was down to her discretion

I say ask. You never know

Yeah :) I had a different midwife for my booking in than my actual midwife, she was alot nicer so I changed to her 😊

I'm not sure. I really wanted the same midwife as I had last time but she doesn't work at my doctors surgery anymore so I have a new lady. She is nice but it is strange getting used to someone different.

i dont think i even see the same midwife each appointment it seams to be a different one all the time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->