UK mum's- mw and scans?

love.peace

Mama
Reaction score
Do we still have a 12 week scan on the nhs in England?
Because I went to book in with my midwife today and the receptionist at the doctors surgery said now the midwife doesn't see anyone until 12 weeks. So I was wondering when I would have an ultrasound?

Thanks ❤

think it’s 12-14 weeks for your first scan and 18-21 for second .

Not seeing a midwife until 12 weeks doesn’t seem right to me I may be wrong! I’ve seen a midwife 6-8 weeks with both mine .

We have to self refer to our local hospital and they send out scans / midwife appointments . Maybe you could do this if possible ? X

Thank you for your reply. That's what I though however wondered if they had changed things with cutbacks?
I'll wait to see if I hear from the midwife next week otherwise I'll see if I can book my scan direct with the hospital x

Maybe it depends on your area too?

My youngest is now 2 1/2 , So I am not sure , they are always changing things

Good luck x

I had my midwife apt at 8 and 9 weeks (booking in took so long) where we booked the 12wk scan. I thought that was a long time so I feel your pain. I had a private scan at 8wk due to being impatient x

I had my booking in appointment around 10 weeks and then my scan was booked in a week later...
as someone else has said might be your area??

I was able to refer myself to the midwife around 8/9 weeks but that’s because I got told off for doing it at 5 weeks with my first (I had no clue.. it was my first)
She then gave me my scan letter when she came round for my booking.

I did have a scan at 7 weeks at the early pregnancy unit because my last baby was ectopic and I lost my left tube.
Yes perhaps the area although I though the nhs would have the same guidelines across the country. We're in Hampshire. I'm hoping she calls this week as I put my number on the booking form x

My midwife appointment was at 8 weeks 3 days, first scan is 12 weeks 4 days :)

Your midwife has to see you before the scan to ask of your wanting to have the cubs screening done, because the sonographer has to then allocate you a bit longer than someone who wouldn't be. Some midwives also take bloods to coincide with the ultrasound for the screening, others (myself included) got bloods taken for that straight after the scan. I saw my midwife around 8 weeks and again at 10-11 for my booking appointment x

Aww yes if I remember last time they took bloods on the same day I had my scan.
Thanks for your replys. I'm 11 weeks today so hopefully she calls this week so I can have my scan before 14 weeks.
Otherwise I'll be waiting until 16 weeks as I'm off to Morocco on 30th August x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"