UK time 4:45 - been awake for over am hour ahhhh

lillme

Reaction score
So lying in bed unable to sleep, my throat/stomach was making burping noises without opening my mouth. Got up to get some cereal thinking was hungry, now on the sofa with my stomach popping and gurgling away. DH in bed and works late so not long in and back to work early tomorrow so trying not to annoy hum by tossing and turning.
Usually don't have a problem with sleep but the last fews days feels like I can't get my belly comfortable.
Anyone else get past 36 weeks and have problems sleeping? Or am I the only looney awake at this hour!!

Think this post prob answers your question :). I'm thinking cereals a good call, I'm still in bed as its nice and warm with both dogs fast asleep (and DH). I really wish it was only the last few days its been a good 4'weeks now. Hope you manage a bit more sleep :).

I feel for you for replying at this ungodly hour! I'm not sure how you have been able to cope of weeks of this, I highly doubt I will get back over as I have messages to start early.
I am the same dogs followed me to the sofa so have a GSD at my feet and collie on the floor beside me, least they care! How are you feeling considering we share the same due date? I don't feel much different (apart from this) & doubt I will have her before the end of this month

I'm also pushing a good few weeks of disrupted sleep...trying to see it as a positive that its my body getting me ready for baby, but sometimes that is easier said than done ha ha

I've taken to sleeping on the sofa as it seems to be the only place I can get comfortable and I'm also not having to deal with a grumpy sleep deprived husband that way!!

I haven't slept through the night (sound like a toddler!) for months :(

If hubby's here (depends on shifts) then I de-bunk after the first wee trip and go to the sofa not to disturb him. This week he's been on nights so i've actually had 4 nights in my own bed but the night before last I was up from 2.30 - 5 so very tired last night and was really looking forward to a good sleep, nope! DS had other plans and wet the bed at 3am so ended up with me, he tossed and turned and chatted away (along with cuddles which were sooo cute) and finally fell asleep about 4 as did I and then at 4.30 the blasted cat woke me up yo go out for!! Mind you i'd rather she did than have to clear up after her!!

Think I finally fell asleep at 4.30 only to be woken at 6 by hubby coming home and needing the bed so I already feel like i've been up for hours, exhausted, and need to entertain DS out somewhere this morning to let hubby sleep as DS is just too noisy in the house!!

Gosh, sorry for the rant but just wanted to let you know you are not alone :)

I had the same in all of my pregnancies I would barely get any sleep and could lay awake for hours. Ds3 was the worst some nights I genuinely think I only settled for two hours each night

The amount of people that have told me to enjoy my sleep now before babies comes...all I can say to them is hahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahaha

I've got a 2yr old and a just turned 4 yr old.. Ive not slept for years!! Lol..

I feel for you for replying at this ungodly hour! I'm not sure how you have been able to cope of weeks of this, I highly doubt I will get back over as I have messages to start early.
I am the same dogs followed me to the sofa so have a GSD at my feet and collie on the floor beside me, least they care! How are you feeling considering we share the same due date? I don't feel much different (apart from this) & doubt I will have her before the end of this month

Its horrible, but then again it gives me extra time to sort everything out before DS is up and causing choas :). I'll be really lucky if I manage the next few weeks, can't believe how quick this times gone. U holding up ok?

Next person who says you need to rest is going to be given my DS for the afternoon and told to sort the house n dogs as well lol. 3 hours is not enough :(.

Sorry all, Internet crashed just when you need it most, back now thanks to DH!! I have just found out I have been made redundant, terrible for some, but for us its a good thing as I want to start a business from home grooming as that's what I'm trained in, so brilliant news to wake to!
I find the time has flown too, not the last couple of days as I couldn't sleep last night either. I don't know how you all cope with wee ones to run after too, I find that two mad mutts are hard enough. Have had to change their food again as they don't seem to tire on current diet and climb the walls.....not what I want when baby is on the way. Anybody who says they need more exercise is welcome to take them out!! I'm starting to get impatient too, I want to meet her, but also don't want to wish my time away. Just realised also need to write my birth plan eek!!

That's fantastic, just think of the extra LO time (and training time lol). Guess you kinda just have too, makes it seem quicker I reckon. Cant believe we're almost 37 weeks!!!! How did that happen?

Both my two are off work at the moment, so had to change food - neither will eat a full meal when not working do dropped weight (not something they could afford to do). I'm loving still getting them out, bit like the scene from brave heart ...... "freedom". Just think you'll be able to get more sleep :). Yuk birth plans .....

Where did the time go? Although I feel she's ready to come out as quite heavy feeling today! They sound like mine bless them. Like you say when you can't give them the exercise food has to change. It's trying to find the happy medium & mine are so un food motivated its hard work coaxing! My shepherd runs up lean naturally as her make up (think malinos that looks like a shepherd! ) so skipping a meal makes her look like I don't feed her!!
I slept last night, who hoo, broken but stayed in bed for 7hrs.....unheard of. It will be interesting to see if you go early and I bet October hits and I'm still moaning lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->