• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ultrasound...3 white lines????

Blessed1

Reaction score
I had an ultrasound today (baby is measuring 17weeks) and the tech thinks baby is a girl because she saw 3 white lines. I can clearly see 3 white lines on the ultrasound picture but I've never heard of the "3 white lines". I asked the tech if she's ever seen 3 white lines and guessed a girl and then have it be a boy after all...she said, "nope, I've never seen that before in my years." So we are excited! But we are cautious because my hubby side has 4 generations of NO GIRLs...only boys! lol...so we thought for sure we would have a boy..but this is a welcomed surprise. We have another ultrasound in a few weeks and we will definitely ask for confirmation again. But I was just wondering if anyone has had the "3 white lines" on a ultrasound and had a girl or boy?

:)

Blessings!

Sorry, I haven't had that experience - think it's pretty rare :) At your stage I guess it pays to be cautious until you are at least 20 weeks, but I'd say you're more than likely on team pink! :pink: xx Congrats! I bet your hubby is excited!

3 white lines is what they look for when id'ing a girl! Congrats!

Yep- otherwise known as a 'hamburger' for a girl! Congratulations!

Yep my little girl's scan pic clearly showed 3 lines and she was a girly.
It's the main indicator they look for in detceting sex in a girl. Congrats xx

I clearly saw 3 white lines at my scan and here i am with a 10 week old baby girl! Congrats xxx xxx

yes I had 3 white lines at my 17 week scan with DD and she was a girl :)

Yep 3 white lines = Little Girlie Girl!! CONGRATS!! xxx

I'm having a girl and she was identified by 3 white lines :) congrats x

Like everyone else has said.. and I spotted it before the sonographer even told me because I'd been looking at other people's scan pics ha xx

Like everyone else has said.. and I spotted it before the sonographer even told me because I'd been looking at other people's scan pics ha xx

thats what happened to us yesterday. she was looking for the sex and jiggling the baby around :haha: but she wouldnt commit and i couldnt quite see from the angle of the screen. DH leaned over and said "look 3 lines its a girl" :haha: :happydance:

Don't want to put a spanner in the works but during my scan yesterday in the first few minutes we saw 3 white lines and the scanner said that is what we are looking for - it is a girl.

Then she prodded LO about a bit so it started wriggling and his todger popped out from between his legs and he had it tucked away. And we are now having a boy!!

Sorry!

Don't want to put a spanner in the works but during my scan yesterday in the first few minutes we saw 3 white lines and the scanner said that is what we are looking for - it is a girl.

Then she prodded LO about a bit so it started wriggling and his todger popped out from between his legs and he had it tucked away. And we are now having a boy!!

Sorry!

i bet that was a shock after being told baby was a girl. xx

yep had 3 white lines in my last pregnancy and was indeed a girl!

Our US tech said she was looking for 3 shaded lines, but same thing! Congrats! :)

xx

I have 3 girls and the 3 white lines is the one tell tell sign its a girl.... Congratulations on yr pink bundle xxx

I hadn't heard of it either, but that's good to know :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"