Ultrasound at 15DPO...EDD12/5/11

ARRIELLE

Reaction score
I OVULATED CD20 (MARCH 20TH), I GOT A POSITIVE HPT 4-1-11 (12DPO). TODAY I GOT MY PREGNANCY CONFIRMATION:thumbup:, AND WHEN FOR AND ULTRASOUND...AND WE SAW NOTHING BUT A CORPUS LUTEUM, NO FETAL POLE:shrug:... IT WAS SOOO FUNNY BECAUSE THE DOCTOR WAS ACTING LIKE HE WAS SOOO AMAZED:happydance: TO SEE IT... HE WAS SAYING BECAUSE I AM SO EARLY THE POLE ISNT VISIBLE YET... HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THERE SCAN YET??? I AM GOING BACK NEXT WEEK FOR THE RESULT OF MY LABS AND ANOTHER U/S NEXT WEEK... BECAUSE I AM CONSIDERED "HIGH RISK:cry:"

Haven't had any experience in this area, but I hope all goes well with your next appointment! Good luck n :hugs:

Thank i appreicate it it just going to be soo hard to get through this prgenancy... I am just so nervous... My dh isnt being very supportive... I tried to explain to him what happen at my u/s, but he didnt seem to care... But i hope all is well...

Usually an ultrasound won't show anything until your hcg is lot higher than now. I think the earliest you will see something is around 5½ weeks, seems strange that they did an ultrasound so early...

Unfortunately, men deal with things different that we do. He may not intend to be insensitive...but sometimes a pregnancy isn't "real" to them until they can see your belly growing, or feel the baby moving...some don't get the reality until the baby is born and they hold the baby. I know that doesn't help, but hopefully it's something along those lines and not him being truly insensitive. Could be too that he doesn't want to look/seem upset as it could make you worry more. Whatever the case, I hope the best for you! :hugs:

Usually an ultrasound won't show anything until your hcg is lot higher than now. I think the earliest you will see something is around 5½ weeks, seems strange that they did an ultrasound so early...

they did an ultra sound becasue i am high risk... lpd, pcos, high blood pressure...according to my lmp i am 4wks 5days, but i know when i ovulated you i am technically 3wks 6days

Unfortunately, men deal with things different that we do. He may not intend to be insensitive...but sometimes a pregnancy isn't "real" to them until they can see your belly growing, or feel the baby moving...some don't get the reality until the baby is born and they hold the baby. I know that doesn't help, but hopefully it's something along those lines and not him being truly insensitive. Could be too that he doesn't want to look/seem upset as it could make you worry more. Whatever the case, I hope the best for you! :hugs:

lol... i wish...NO he meant it... its like he is pregnant and i am not he is sooooo MOODY AND ANNOYING!!!

I guess they have their reasons but I still don't understand why they did a scan that early even if they think you are 4w5d as it wouldn't show anything. I am sure at your next scan there will be plenty to see :)

I had one yesterday at 4w6d and they could see a gestation sac @8mm and a teeny spot in th middle (?yolk sac) that measured 2.3mm :)

But my dates are by ovulation so I guess technically I'm a week ahead of you!!

i had one yesterday at 4w6d and they could see a gestation sac @8mm and a teeny spot in th middle (?yolk sac) that measured 2.3mm :)

but my dates are by ovulation so i guess technically i'm a week ahead of you!!

see that is what i was telling the dr and he said it made since too(that i was actually about six days less than what my lmp would have calculated) so he has me coming back next week. I am so happy that you responded that makes me feel a little better...i didnt see your response until now.. I even just posted this question again...lol..so your eed is 12-5-11, see i told them that i believe that mine is 12-11-11 based on my conception dates. When do have your next scan?

My EDD is December 6th .... So a day after!

They're gonna scan me at 6+ weeks ish. The doc thats doing it is off to Greece for a fortnight so it'll be whenever she gets back :)

But I feel okay about it all now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"