Ultrasound at 28 weeks? What for?

ilvmylbug

Single Mom of 2 & Proud
Reaction score
:coffee:

My doctor scheduled me for an ultrasound next week. Just wondering if this is routine and if anyone knows what it could be for. My last u/s was when we found out the gender, at 18 weeks.

Ooh, i'm not sure.
I've been called to see a consultant as my BMI was low - so they wanted to make sure baby was growing how she should be.. my midwife said they might want to scan me again, but they just measured my tummy.. i do have to go back again, so maybe they might scan me again to make sure?

.. did you have a low BMI or just on borderline of normal BMI?
xx

they do normally give a reason . . .have they written anything in your notes at all? i am having another one at 34 weeks to determine position, size and position of placenta (yeah i have issues lol) i dont know why they would want to see you at specifically 28 weeks, it sounds like it may be measurements again . . . . take a look at your notes, you'll be surprised what they write in there and dont tell you . . i found big notes saying i am very keen to vbac when i in fact told them i am not lol double check lol

Not sure. It's not standard in the US to have one after 20 weeks.

I have them every 3-6 weeks, so I have one at 33 and they said as long as that one is okay, it'll be my last, but that's only because of certain problems.

Are you measuring okay?

At my last appt I measured perfectly, so I don't think that is it. Come to think of it, I'm wondering because this is my first time at this OB (I switched because this one is closer to my house) would they want to see me just to get their own ultrasound?

It's possible. I'd just ask. The ultrasound techs always know what it's for anyway. Maybe your old doctor didn't fax over the previous ultrasound report, or they did and your new doctor just didn't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->