Ultrasound didn't give a due date?

MummaBear16

Reaction score
Hi all,

I had my first scan today at 7 weeks according to lmp. The sack measured at 6w4d and the baby apparently 6w. The lady doing the u/s said she couldn't calculate me a due date? Saying it was too early.. How come she didn't just go from 6 weeks? She said the heart rate was 115, which was good.. I am feeling so annoyed about it! I paid almost $200 and didn't even get a due date or a scan picture :cry: She said I may have to go back in a week or so.. I don't want to pay $400 on early dating scans!

It's not accurate to date at this stage, they're just too tiny to get a proper measurement. 8-12 weeks is better.

I had 3 early scans and all have changed I went for my 12 week scan yesterday and was put forward 2 days yet one scan early put me back and then another to 12 weeks then yesterday plus 2 days they did say it won't change again now xx

How frustrating! Thanks for the replies. I really thought they'd be able to tell now, they could with my son at 6 weeks.

Some can they did give me how far gone I was on each even if it was a day back by 6weeks but did say it will change at 12 weeks I love to track from the bfp xx

Oh I would be so annoyed! When I have had my scans, there is a function on the machine that automatically shows a due date when the MD measures the crown-rump length. I agree with the others that it will change, but it would have been nice to have a starting point anyway :( And no picture!? You might have to be a little pushier next time! Sorry this happened

My doctor didn't measure the heart rate or the CRL at the 6+6 scan. She just said, "There's the baby and the heartbeat. That's what we want to see." Then at my 10+6 appointment they listened to the heart rate with a Doppler and all she said was, "Just where we want it." At the 12 week ultrasound they did measure CRL but it had no effect on my EDD. Here they don't measure early because they would have to keep going back and forth and measurements are inaccurate. They just go off the LMP. My ticker is based off my O date since I know I had a late O the month we conceived.

Was just speaking to my cousin who said she is pregnant too! We went to the same place and she had a scan at 5w4d and only saw the sack.. and she still got a due date!! They did say it could change, but at least she got something. I paid for my scan, and hers was free with a healthcare card... I feel like they just want more money from me now :(

Hmmm... That's really strange that she got a due date so early. Can you call them and speak with a manager/supervisor?

Maybe it's because your dates don't match up to what they measured. How long are your normal cycles? Would you be 7 weeks or 6 weeks based on ovulation?

Due date is just a round-a-bout number anyways. Go with LMP or with the 6 weeks. Either way it'll be around both dates!

I'd be 7w1d by lmp, but I ovulated on cd17.. so was expecting to be 6.5 weeks.. The doctor at the scan place is reviewing it and sending their results to my doctor.. so I'll hopefully know more when I go back to my doctor next week. I feel so confused!

If they want to rescan you, then it should be free! That's crazy

I hot a due date at my six week scan but i had one before that and they had another scan to go by

It's not accurate to date at this stage, they're just too tiny to get a proper measurement. 8-12 weeks is better.

How funny/strange that it's the opposite here, they say the closer to 12 weeks the less accurate.

How funny/strange that it's the opposite here, they say the closer to 12 weeks the less accurate.

Yes, I was told the same by my doctor.. the sooner after 7ish weeks when there ia a heartbeat, the better. Hence why I went at 7weeks by lmp..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->