Ultrasound disparity? I'm really upset :'(

silmarien

Reaction score
I recently had a scan done last thursday at 5w4d and it showed a gestational sac and yolk sac. Today, at 6w2d, I went for my first OBGYN appointment and he couldn't find anything at all. I have not bled or had any kind of horrid cramping (just normal light intermittent ones). I'll admit the ultrasound at the OBs was crappy as hell quality wise, but shouldn't he have seen something? Do I have any hope?

:cry:

I recently had a scan done last thursday at 5w4d and it showed a gestational sac and yolk sac. Today, at 6w2d, I went for my first OBGYN appointment and he couldn't find anything at all. I have not bled or had any kind of horrid cramping (just normal light intermittent ones). I'll admit the ultrasound at the OBs was crappy as hell quality wise, but shouldn't he have seen something? Do I have any hope?

:cry:

What did your OB say? Did they schedule a follow up scan?

So sorry you are going through this...

Maybe worth doing bloods again and comparing them to the previous results? If HCG within norms, maybe all will be ok still?:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

OB said it was probably a miscarriage because I had a tiny spot of blood last night (which makes zero sense to me; last time i miscarried at 6 weeks, I bled quite a bit, and had massive cramping). But he referred me to another office that has a better quality machine and took bloods. I'm still really upset and crying. :cry:

Thanks for your guys support. It could mean nothing, it could just be bad machinery I guess. I'll know my blood results in 2 days.

OB said it was probably a miscarriage because I had a tiny spot of blood last night (which makes zero sense to me; last time i miscarried at 6 weeks, I bled quite a bit, and had massive cramping). But he referred me to another office that has a better quality machine and took bloods. I'm still really upset and crying. :cry:

Thanks for your guys support. It could mean nothing, it could just be bad machinery I guess. I'll know my blood results in 2 days.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully it's just the machine. Did you have a full bladder? Just i know at my scan with my daughter they couldn't see her properly till I did. Then the picture on screen was really clear.

:hugs: I hope it's just bad machinery. Seems peculiar that there was absolutely nothing after seeing something just 4 days ago! Good luck xx

The EXACT same thing happened to me. My OB office couldn't find my baby at 8 weeks after seeing just a sac at 6 weeks. I'm sitting here staring at my 2 month old right now. There is hope. Your bladder could have been less full and of course with a lower quality machine less could be seen. :hugs:

Agree with the others. I'd wait and see what happens with your next scan on a better machine before you accept what the doctor told you today

And see heartbeat. That is what we saw at my 6.3 week appt.

Not everyone will see a heartbeat at a 6 week scan. I didn't with my daughter, all we saw was a sack at 6+4 and she's asleep next to me now! It depends on a lot of things like how full your bladder is, how good the machine being used is and how good the person scanning you is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->