Ultrasound follow up: thoughts appreciated, so scared :(

gradgrrrl

Reaction score
Since they were worried about the heart rate, I had to go in for a second ultrasound. They insisted I was 6 weeks because of the size and my LMP but I know for a fact I ovulate on day 18 and I have 31 day cycles so according to my calculations it was more like 5 weeks 3-4 days. Anyway, the hb was 92 the previous day and 94 the next. Doc said 50% chance of miscarriage and gave me a progesterone injection. A midwife I know told me that sounds ridiculous and heart rates in the 90s are completely normal in the 5th week. What do you guys think? I'm terrified and very worried.

HCG went from 7000 to 14,500 in around two days.

I'd go ahead and listen to your midwife. I've read that a heart rate in the 90s is normal for the fifth week as well. Maybe you're just measuring larger and so they're calculating wrong?

It sounds like your HCG is doubling wonderfully and your measurements are totally fine. It's very possible that the baby's heartbeat will pick up soon. I've heard a lot of a lot of women who couldn't even SEE a heartbeat at 5/6 weeks! It sounds so promising to me. I really hope you hear good news soon. I think it sounds like you're doing just fine. I thought sometimes they didn't even bother measuring BPM so early because the mere presence of a heartbeat is a good sign.

Good luck!! I didn't want to just read and go .. it's hard not to worry .. I don't know anything about heartrates or how much they should be .. I just know "low-ok-high" lol
I can't help u with info but I will tell u, ur hcg is doubling beautifully! My dr gave me progesterone pills and I didn't think I needed them but I had to remind myself that she's the dr and she knows my history of miscarriages , if she found it necessary, so be it.. and I believe and trus in God .. everything will be fine!!

And you take care of urself and don't stress out.. hopefully, everything will workout for the best!!

Sorry didn't want to read and run but just wanted to wish you all the best. I'm sure the doctor is just being overly cautious x

The baby's heart may have only just started beating which would make sense. I don't think it's a sign there is definitely something wrong but it may also be a problem if the longer you progress it doesn't pick up.

Try not to stress until your next scan xx

My dd heart rate in the 5th week was 92. I believe I was 5w4d at the ultrasound .

When I went to my ultrasound at 5w5d the heartbeat was 95. The ultrasound tech said 5w5d is usually the earliest they can even see a heartbeat. I went back at 6w3d and it went up to 120. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

My dd heart rate in the 5th week was 92. I believe I was 5w4d at the ultrasound .

And they didn't think anything was wrong?

Nope. And 2 weeks later it was in the 130s where it stayed for the duration of the pregnancy. I think they're worrying you for no reason. Bubs heart JUST started beating, gotta give him some time to get to that baseline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->