Ultrasound help!

Shay3311

Reaction score
so I had my first ultrasound at 8w2d, but it was done by the doctor and he was very informal and rushed (didn't even get to hear the heartbeat, but we saw it flickering). I have two corpus lutem cysts, so I very well possibly released two eggs, but the doctor found the baby and didn't even look for a possible second. I got back in two weeks for the full scan and measurement but I am going crazy thinking there may be two! (Which we would be really excited if there was). There is something in the corner of the ultrasound that looks like it could be a second baby (just not a good view of the full sac) any thoughts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 31
Here is the full ultrasound picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 52
It does look like something, possibly another baby!!

Did the Dr say anything at all?

No, not at all! He just said they would do a full ultrasound and all the measurements and heartbeat in two weeks! It's so frustrating... ��

Oh you poor thing! 2 whole weeks!

It really does look like another baby tho doesn't it!! :wacko:

Can you book in for a private scan before then?

Haha, it seems crazy, but these next two weeks are going to feel like forever!

I looked up some private scan places, and the earliest they will do them is 12 weeks

I bet they will feel like forever!!

Hmm.. I guess you'll just have to wait it out :wacko:

Def keep us updated tho! It'll be interesting to see. You would think your dr would't miss another baby haha

Just my opinion here, but honestly don't think we (assuming none of us are a sonographer) would pick up something on a scan pic that a professional missed. I think it's pretty rare to miss a twin these days unless one is hiding behind the other. I never say never though bc I do read about stranger things happening, so if it were me and I really thought it could be another baby I'd book a private scan to make sure. I'm way too impatient to wait it out. LOL Good luck!

I agree. Pretty sure the Dr would have mentioned if there were 2. But then again I've seen stranger things happen! Good luck dear, keep posted xx

I could be wrong but to me that looks like your bladder. You can actually see the walls of your uterus and that is outside the walls... I'm no expert though and at this stage twins CAN still be missed. My dr said it's entirely possible especially depending on the machine and the person doing the scan.. my drs machine is awful so she always is sure to say that measurements can be off because their machine shows such a grainy pic it's hard to see what's what.

I could be wrong but to me that looks like your bladder. You can actually see the walls of your uterus and that is outside the walls... I'm no expert though and at this stage twins CAN still be missed. My dr said it's entirely possible especially depending on the machine and the person doing the scan.. my drs machine is awful so she always is sure to say that measurements can be off because their machine shows such a grainy pic it's hard to see what's what.
Agreed

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"