ultrasound measuring huge baby

wishfulone

Reaction score
I had a ultrasound today to check on baby and they estimated his weight at 9 lb 14 oz! I was only 123 lb, 5 ft 4 in before pregnancy, so not a large-framed person. I weigh 156 as of today and therefore havent gained an excessive amount. They said they these late ultrasounds can be off about a pound in either direction, but I am still looking at the possibility of a very large baby and I wasn't prepared for that added stress.

I know of some stories I have read where the estimates were pretty far off and baby turned out a couple of pounds less/more than predicted. Does anyone have any stories of positive experiences with this that they could share just to lighten my spirits? I am already 5 days past my due date and struggling with the idea of a 2nd possible induction next week if baby isnt here yet.

Yes! I was told by a very rude doctor that my baby would definitely be over 8 lbs which isn't bad but she was only 6lbs 12 oz, so almost a pound and a half off or more if you consider the fact he said she would be over 8 lbs... Those things should definitely be taken with a grain of salt especially since you're not a giant ;) I'm only 5 ft and though I was carrying extra weight I didn't gain anything other than the weight I had lost earlier in the pregnancy (about 13 lbs) so I'd say yes it's possible but I'd bet you'll have closer to a 7 1/2-8 pounder ;)

Yes! I was told by a very rude doctor that my baby would definitely be over 8 lbs which isn't bad but she was only 6lbs 12 oz, so almost a pound and a half off or more if you consider the fact he said she would be over 8 lbs... Those things should definitely be taken with a grain of salt especially since you're not a giant ;) I'm only 5 ft and though I was carrying extra weight I didn't gain anything other than the weight I had lost earlier in the pregnancy (about 13 lbs) so I'd say yes it's possible but I'd bet you'll have closer to a 7 1/2-8 pounder ;)

Thank you for sharing! that helps quite a bit. My doc was nice about it and I said I Was scared he would force me into a c-section and he said nope! He would give me my fair shot at a vaginal birth first. :) THAT helped a little. My first kiddo was 7lb 14 oz and also went over her due date before an induction at 41+5. I am not scared of an 8-8 1/2 lb kid - but the thought of a 10-pounder is a bit nerve-wrecking.

My last baby I had weekly ultrasound for several weeks due to gestational diabetes.
She was predicted to be 10 pounds and I was offered elective c-section multiple times.
Because I had already delivered a 9 lb 11 oz baby boy vaginally I refused.
Good thing as my daughter was only 7 lbs 15 oz at birth.
Easiest delivery ever.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back