Ultrasound Photo

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
This is generally a UK questions, i've read on my hospitals website that they do provide ultrasound photos for a charge, but i don't know if they will allow me to have one since its still quite early in the pregnancy.

my partner is unfortunately 200 miles away for the scan and this is our first child and pregnancy, and he is really excited to see a photo of the ultrasound, i just don't want them to turn around and say no to taking a photo home :( i don't care how much it costs this is our baby...

has anyone had any trouble getting photos from their scans? xx

I'm in Ireland and I got pics from my 7 week scan onwards no problem.
We don't pay for ours though.
I'm sure if you explained your situation they would give you a pic. They'd be pretty heartless if they didn't in my opinion.
Maybe ask beforehand and take pics with your phone when they turn the screen to you?

I'm in Ireland and I got pics from my 7 week scan onwards no problem.
We don't pay for ours though.
I'm sure if you explained your situation they would give you a pic. They'd be pretty heartless if they didn't in my opinion.
Maybe ask beforehand and take pics with your phone when they turn the screen to you?

thank you for responding, i am extremely confused, on monday i will be 8 weeks pregnant, 6 weeks from my ovulation date, will my ultrasound measure me at 6 weeks or 8 weeks? i'm really confused!!! do they count the first 2 weeks you werent actually pregnant as pregnant on the ultrasound?

I didn't have trouble getting a pic from mine this morning but didn't actually get offered one, which I thought a tad bizarre. I had to ask if we could have a picture to show our three-year-old! I am sure they'll let you have a print-out even if they don't routinely offer it :)

It will date you at 8 weeks.
I had scans with lo from 4 weeks so I know how nerve wracking and confusing it can be especially with your first.
Don't be afraid to ask your midwife/Dr questions that's what they are there for. :)

It will date you at 8 weeks.
I had scans with lo from 4 weeks so I know how nerve wracking and confusing it can be especially with your first.
Don't be afraid to ask your midwife/Dr questions that's what they are there for. :)

thank you, i'm so nervous and excited, its really annoying i have to go to this appointment by myself, but hopefully like you have said they'll give me a photo :)

thank you again!! :D xx

No problem
Good luck with your scan hun xx

I think it depends on where it is done. I had my first one done at the EPU through the fertility clinic which was a viability scan at 9 weeks and i wasn't given photo's even when i asked for some - they did however let me take one picture of the screen to show people. When i have my next one done i know i will get photo's for a charge of £5 (it's on the letter) but that is the regular ultrasound department. I hope they at least let you take a picture if they won't give you a print out. I can't imagine not having my one little pic to show people, even if it is just a screen photo x

I think it depends on where it is done. I had my first one done at the EPU through the fertility clinic which was a viability scan at 9 weeks and i wasn't given photo's even when i asked for some - they did however let me take one picture of the screen to show people. When i have my next one done i know i will get photo's for a charge of £5 (it's on the letter) but that is the regular ultrasound department. I hope they at least let you take a picture if they won't give you a print out. I can't imagine not having my one little pic to show people, even if it is just a screen photo x

mine is in the normal department so hopefully will be okay for a print out :)

i just know that if i was in my partners shoes i'd be so so upset if i couldn't even see a photo on a phone of my baby!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->