Ultrasound report wording

Timetotry

Reaction score
My u/s report said I had a simple cyst on one ovary. The following day I had my positive opk.

Is simple cyst another term for follicle?
I know it could actually be a cyst, but do they use the same term for follicle?

i dont think they call it cyst.mostly they use * dominant follicle* phrase.does it say what is the size of cyst?

Usually they use the term cyst to refer to a follicle that started developing but never finished, but sometimes the terms can be used interchangeably. Here's a good article on the difference.
https://fertilityfile.com/2007/12/18/cyst-vs-egg-vs-follicle-clearing-up-the-confusion/

i dont think they call it cyst.mostly they use * dominant follicle* phrase.does it say what is the size of cyst?

It said 2.4 cm.

I'm hoping it was a follicle. My GP office only said "it was a normal ultrasound". But I will ask the fert doctor when I have my appt. I know simple cyst can be common so I don't know if that would be why a doctor wouldn't be too concerned over it. If it's a cyst and not a dominant follicle, then it could definitely affect fertility right?
My mind is just wandering...... It's the side that has really long cycles, so maybe it really is a cyst? It was also the side I was expecting to ovulate from that month, so maybe it was my follicle?

Now I just have to wait until Aug for my appt....

Thanks for both of your help!

good news is based on the size its not a cyst.its dominant follicle!!!! and i think it should be released now.
the cyst mostly is the one over3.5 cm...normal follicles grow untill their sizes are about 2-2.5 cm and burst.
so in this way you have had 2 dominant follicle which is very good news.

i just hate when GP dont say what is going on and leave you in darkness!! urggggggggh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->