Ultrasound tomorrow - scared.

Underduck

Reaction score
Hey everyone :)

I've already had a couple of ultrasounds - the first was because I have had abnormal periods and they wanted to check?? Was about 4 weeks, 4 days along and we only saw uterus thickening. For some reason, the u/s tech did abdominal? I would have asked for vaginal if I knew!! The doctor was pessimistic (as I've written about before). I went to the ER just a little over a week later due to cramping and they gave me an inner ultrasound and we found a gestational sac and yolk sac! Yay! They measured me a few days earlier than what my LMP suggested (I thought I was 5 weeks and about 5 days but the radiologist suggested I'm closer to 5 weeks). Makes sense because of my wacko periods.

Tomorrow is the last ultrasound in a while and I should be about 8 weeks along but now I'm not sure. I'm remarkably nervous and I have a bad feeling. Maybe it's because I didn't see a baby the last u/s. I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't at least see a baby. I know I should be able to see the heartbeat.

Please keep me and my little raspberry in your thoughts. We are already so excited - this little bean is a long time coming and I'm so ready to be a mom. I'm just not prepared for bad news.

That and I have been knocked out by the flu the last two days :(

Good luck Hun!! Xx

My 12week scan is tomorrow x

Thanks me as well :)
This will be my third scan xx

all the luck honey...
I went in for a scan at 7wk, expecting the worst, but we heard a strong heartbeat. . so relax..n yes. its early on..so ask for a vaginal u/S

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!!

Oh best of luck hun :) Everything will be ok :)

Underduck - how did your ultrasound go? Hope it went well.

My ultrasound went beautifully!! We saw the baby right away! It's little heart was beating at 160 bpm and we didn't need an internal ultrasound. Measured at about 16mm (not sure what that is in inches). I forgot to ask the tech to give me a date but from my own reading, I think is about spot on for 8 weeks.

We are thrilled :)

Thank you everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"