Ultrasounds?

Beltane

Mother of 3 Boys!
Reaction score
It just occured to me that I haven't had an ultrasound since I was 18 weeks along. I know it's different everwhere but when did you have a typical scan in your third tri(if any)?

Thanks in advance!

Over here, we only have 2. 1 around 12 weeks and 1 around 20 weeks. We don't see LO at all in the 3rd tri!! My God, the wait is killing me now!!!

I'm the same as Kat, only had 2 scans, I had one at 13 weeks and the other at 23. x

Hi Beltane, as you've probably gathered in England you get one at 12 weeks and one at 20 (unless they have concerns). If your placenta looks low lying at the 20 week scan or if they're concerned later on about the growth of your baby you get another scan at around 34 weeks. Otherwise it's nothing. It's really weird I was so used to seeing Pip every couple of weeks (I had so many scnas because of my cervix) it's strange not getting my regular viewing. I do have a low lying placenta though so will get another peek on the 17th Dec.
I'd check with Jaylene about scans in your area?

i have had 2 NHS scans 1 at 12 weeks other at 21 but had private sexing scan at 18

Lou
xxx

Yeap i only got one as 12wks ish and one at 20wks ish ... thats the norm down here

I know up Scotland way you dont even get one at 20wks!!

Only reason i got another one at 32wks was because of my placenta being low

Wow. Guess I'll need to ask my MW next time I go- I've had 3 scans so far and was assuming I'd have another before he was born. Whoops!

I had my last US at 19 weeks but it was paid for privately.

The one and only NHS scan was at 13+ weeks O.O

I'm not a normal case, should have had 2 (one at 12 weeks and one at 20) but the 20 week one they couldn't see the spine so I had an other at 21, then his kidneys were enlarged and he had a fleck in his heart so had one at 32 weeks then moved hospitals and they wanted to check his growth at 35 weeks, had a bio-monitoring scan last week and one on Monday, and getting a growth scan on Thursday ... so that'll be my 8th scan.

I know I'm lucky to see him so often, but I would trade it all to know he was OK.

Mine was at 20 weeks and I don't expect to have another.

I only had one at 12 weeks because I asked for one and one at 20 (21 really) weeks. We are only suppose to have one unless we are high risk. That is here anyway.

Yeah, here we only get one at 12 weeks. And another at 18 weeks.

It seems like last year when I last saw her. :shock:

I was lucky enough to get 3 scans but only cos I went for what I thought was a 12 weeks scan and it turned out I was only 7 and a half weeks! So I saw baby as a little jellybean (didn't give me pictures though), I then had one at 12 weeks (which turned out to be nearly 13 weeks) and again at 20 weeks. Next time I see baby he or she will be looking back at me!

i had 3 eraly scans but that was becuase of complication. But the seculded scans i have had are the 12 week and 20 week one. So no scans in the third tri for me
xx

Here you get another one at 37 weeks to check the babys position and make sure the cord isn't wrapped, etc

Rae - Do you know if that is true in all of Canada? I've only had the one scan at 19 weeks so far. I want to check on the little guy again - just to make sure everything is OK!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->