umbilical granuloma???

D

danni2609

at weekly weigh in i mentioned about isabelles bellybutton looking weird with a lump the hv said its a granuloma? do any of you know what they will do to it?

:hugs: sorry honey, with Alex they told me that if it was still ike it in two weeks time they would cauterize the extra bit off - but I read that you can leave it longer than two weeks to see if it goes away on its own. It isn't painful or uncomfortable for the baby so when Alex had his 8 week check up and they didn't look at his belly button I kept quiet :blush: The cauterizing is also supposed to be painless but I didn't like the thought of them doing it and after washing it several times a day his belly button was looking a lot better - as I said in your journal it's all cleared up now.

I hope Izzy's gets better soon sweetie :hugs:

Kai has this and the doc cauterized it with a silver nitrate pen. We're just waiting for it to drop off now.

We also had this - Doc said not to worry about it - its sorted itself out now and looks absolutely fine - did take a good few weeks though.

Dont suppose you know if its meant to turn black? Izzys has not sure if thats normal not seeing docs til wed

Yep, Kai's is turning black and crusty. It looks like it's gonna drop off any day now.

Hi,

Imogen had this too, and also had hers cauterized with silver nitrate. It soon improved and healed within a week.

Dylan has this now and it doesn't seem to be healing. Went back to the docs today and was told to wait a couple of weeks and if its not healed by then, it will need to be cauterized. My poor little man :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->