Umbilical Granuloma?

abagailb14

Reaction score
My daughter is 3 mo and has an umbilical granuloma, her doctor treated it last month with silver nitrate and it did nothing - it actually looks worse and is oozing all over her clothes. Does anyone have experience with a granuloma?

I do. I put abit of salt on DDs and salt and boiled cooled water to clean and it eventually healed over in a couple days. But if the silver nitrate didnt work I'm not sure if salt will

No advice really but my daughter still has one at 14 weeks. It's been treated with silver nitrate 4 times and is only tiny and dried up now, think it's about to fall off.. I'd get the doctor to use the silver nitrate again, if it's a biggish one it can take a few tries x

One of ours had a very mild one (dr missed it at 2 week check, but noticed at 8). He put the silver nitrate on it and never had another issue with it.

my son jonathan had a bad one. It was treated with the nitrate prob about 6 times before it started drying up. Then that ball that everyone has in the middle of the belly button is still way darker then normal but is starting to turn a normal color

My first had one but the nitrate worked first time for us. Maybe pop back to the docs if it's getting worse xx

When my son had his thwarting doctor have me a sheet about treating it with salt.it worked for us.try googling it.its from the bristol nhs trust.maybe print it off and show your doctor before trying it.

Thanks, I found the leaflet off from bus trust explaining the salt treatment - I'm going to try it out after checking with her pediatrician :)

Just wanted to update that the salt treatment worked wonders! I just put a pinch on her granuloma and rinsed it out 20 min later, by the morning it had already shrivelled up and turned black, just waiting for it to fall off now. Incredible! :)

My LO saw a pediatrician as he also had an umbilical hernia and we were advised to use salt to dry up the granuloma. You just pack it with salt, leave it 15 mins or so and then wash out. It worked really well.

ETA - oops, just saw you already did this! Teach me to read every post first. ;)

My lo had his treated with the nitrate by the nurse and she booked us an appointment to come back a week later to see if it was any better and it wasnt so she treated again and again booked us an appointment a week later she was going to do it a 3rd time but then the scab fell off when she touched it so she didnt need to. Its been fine since then.

Id say go back to your doctors the nurse said that often it needs several treatments x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->