Ummm what the?

Wish85

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm reading this wrong, if I'm having a blonde moment, or whether this website is completely wrong but does this make sense to anyone?

"The journey of the ovaries from the time of bursting to the time that they land at the fallopian tube often take a duration of 24-36 hours and this varies from one woman to another among other related factors. Up to ovulation, it takes only 24-36 hours before a mature egg arrives in the fallopian tube"

I interpret this to mean that, the egg bursting from the ovary isn't actually ovulation, but that once it reaches the tubes (24-36hrs) later that's when ovulation occurs and the egg would be viable for another 12-24 hrs after that?

That's worded really badly. My understanding is that you get your lh surge, 24-48 hours later you will ovulate (egg released from ovaries) once released the egg is viable for 12-24 hours. Fertilisation needs to take place during this time.

That's worded really badly. My understanding is that you get your lh surge, 24-48 hours later you will ovulate (egg released from ovaries) once released the egg is viable for 12-24 hours. Fertilisation needs to take place during this time.
That's exactly right Lora, the above quote is so bogus & wrong! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't interpreting it wrong lol

I mean even the first line 'the journey of the ovaries' ?? The ovaries don't move lol, the egg does, not the ovaries.

I read it about 5 times and still couldn't fathom it!

I mean even the first line 'the journey of the ovaries' ?? The ovaries don't move lol, the egg does, not the ovaries.

I read it about 5 times and still couldn't fathom it!

Haha same, it doesn't matter how many times you read it, it still doesn't make sense! I feel sorry for anyone TTC who doesn't know where to begin and they read that website. Misinformation at it's finest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->