unable to have BM (sorry if TMI)

luckylady911

Reaction score
I had a question. I had my son 3 weeks ago and have had problems having a BM ever since. It took me almost a week and then it has been difficult ever since. I took the stool softeners that the hospital gave me, drank lots of water, ended up taking a natural laxative that the pharmacist recommended, have had a few glycerine suppositories, increased fibre and it is still difficult. I have had a few BM since then but it seems like I never really have the urge. I read online about something called rectocele and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or experiences regarding this? It may just be that my muscles are weak. I did have some abdominal pain but it could be from the constipation instead. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I'm sorry I have no advice on the subject specifically. Have you tried eating a bowl of tinned prunes/prune juice in the morning? I've found I don't really get on with senokot and the likes, but prunes make me VERY predictably regular.

Also, what type of laxative are you currently using if any? They come in different types and some are classed as 'irritants' and can cause cramps in your tummy.

Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

No thank you for any advice. I used colace (stool softener) which the hospital told me to take after my son, then I used senokot occasionally which really only worked twice. I will try the prunes, maybe they will help. Thank you so much!

I'm not sure either but if it keeps up I think I'd ask my doctor about it

hey hun I had the same problem I was ok in hospital I had one hurt like hell but i had one then when we came home I just couldnt go even though I really wanted to the mw said get some senacot which I did and havent looked back, I had really bad piles from the birth but after using senacot it has hrrrmmm shall we say made things so much easier I hope it gets better for ya soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->