Unbelievably chapped lips

Luuluu

Reaction score
Has anyone found that their lips have become incredibly sore since the weather has turned so cold? I've had it for about 3 weeks now and occasionally I actually can't smile because they're sooooo chapped. And now, they're really sore in the corners and look really cracked (sorry tmi) and it even is difficult to open my mouth to eat!!

Grim eh?! Is it because of being preggers do you think?

i got that really bad, i went through 2 chap sticks and also got cracks in the corners, really bad seems like the pregnancy made it 100 times worse than a normal winter chapped lips!? finally mine is going...thank goodness. i would panick if i didnt have vaseline in my pocket at all times! hope yours goes soon hun x

yeah, me too, is horrid isn't it :nope: my hands are sooooo dry too.

i use caramex out of a tube which is really good if you put it on a lot. i didn't link it to pregnancy as i get it most winters but who knows....

I'm having to wake up in the night and give them a good thick slip of chapstick, never had to do that before. I was thinking it's something to do with being pregnant too as i've never had dry lips before but they've been bad for weeks now. Ouch!

I'm having to wake up in the night and give them a good thick slip of chapstick, never had to do that before. I was thinking it's something to do with being pregnant too as i've never had dry lips before but they've been bad for weeks now. Ouch!

I've never had chapped lips this bad either. I reckon it must be being pregnant! I feel really conscious about it when I am talking to people as it looks so awful!
:shrug: oh well...the joys! It's all worth it in the end!
x

has to be from the pregnancy...I've almost never had chapped lips before I became preggo. And now I've had chapped lips from about 8 weeks until now...it's horrible! Nothing seems to help. Perhaps I need to increase my water intake. HOpe your lips heal soon!

Seriously try 'Lansinoh - Lanolin Breast Cream' or any LANOLIN product! on your lips!!!
'Purelan 100 Lanolin' works great too!! Nipple cream works wonders on cracked nipples and cracked lips!...

you will never have cracked lips again!!!!!! I am not kidding!

oh me too!! i thought it was just a random thing i ididnt realise it was pregnancy related, ive gone through about 3 lipsalves/chapsticks in my 27 weeks, they look awful :growlmad:

My lips have been really awful since i found out i was pregnant, ive also had about 4 coldsores, i never get sore chapped lips, im really hoping it goes soon as it feels like ive had it months x

I suffered terribly in first 2 months but I now believe it was down to dehydration. Try drinking more water honey xx

Has anyone found that their lips have become incredibly sore since the weather has turned so cold? I've had it for about 3 weeks now and occasionally I actually can't smile because they're sooooo chapped. And now, they're really sore in the corners and look really cracked (sorry tmi) and it even is difficult to open my mouth to eat!!

Grim eh?! Is it because of being preggers do you think?

Me too - it's been driving me crazy! I find that Vaseline is the only thing that helps the lips and Sudocrem is great for the cracked bits in the corners! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"