Uncomfortable appointment

Littlebear11

Reaction score
I just switch obs because I wanted to deliver at a hospital my original ob doesn't work at. I had my first appointment with the new ob today. The nurse made me feel so uncomfortable because I'm going to be a teen mom, she made me feel like I won't be a good mother because of it. I just felt so discouraged and uncomfortable. I was wondering should I just switch back to my old ob? I'd feel much comfortable during my deliver with them there but just won't be able to deliever at the hospital of my choice.

Is there another OB in the hospital you want to deliver with? I would personally look into one of them. You can also look up reviews on doctors online. That might help. If you are still struggling with finding an OB in that hospital system, then yes, I would switch back. You will spend so much time towards the end with that doctor you really want to be comfortable as you see them weekly.

Is there another OB in the hospital you want to deliver with? I would personally look into one of them. You can also look up reviews on doctors online. That might help. If you are still struggling with finding an OB in that hospital system, then yes, I would switch back. You will spend so much time towards the end with that doctor you really want to be comfortable as you see them weekly.

This! I had both my kids as a teenager but never encountered a professional like this. It is so important to have supportive and caring people looking after you before, during and after labour. I'm sorry you've had an experience like that.

I'm trying right now to switch to a midwife but since I had this one appointment I might not be able to see them. If anything I wouldn't mind going back to my old ob. I felt very comfortable with her and she's extremely nice.

I was told not to be stupid (and I was 22 and married) that baby wasn't coming and I was being dramatic.. she checked me and I was 8 cm she had to rush around tryin to find me a bed before my daughter was born..

The midwife downstairs was totally different she treated me with respect and dignity, this shows how different each professional can be. If you feel the need, put in a complaint. Can you see if things improve? if they don't then go back to your old OB. I would suggest that you look at the pros and cons and decide whether the OB or the hospital is more important to you, PM me if u want to talk xx :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->