Uncomfortable feeling in tummy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Jacey, Aug 26, 2009.

1. Jacey

Jacey Well-Known Member

Since I woke up I have had an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, its hard to explain exactly how it feels - its sort of a cross between a mild pain and a constant pressure feeling, I've been lying down for last couple of hours but it hasnt passed, if i wasnt pregnant it wouldnt bother me as much.

My docs are closed for half day and it doesnt feel bad enough to call the emergency doctor but i am puzzled as to what it may be, the only other way i can describe it is like the feeling you get when u hold ur wee in {sorry TMI lol}

Just not sure if its normal or not and its bugging me a bit as i cant get comfortable x

2. MotherBear

MotherBear Baby No 4 on way

Some women experience mild cramps up until 14 weeks, similar to those you feel when you have a period.

As long as the aching feeling does not change to pain, which causes you to double up and there is no blood then I would just try and relax and call the midwife tomorrow morning.

You mentioned it feels similar to when you hold your bladder, you may have a urine infection, in which case the midwife can rule this out with a urine sample.

3. hondagirl

hondagirl Well-Known Member

hija, could you have a urine infection?? Are you needing to go more than usual and does it smell funny /sting etc? I think i would drink loads,then talk to my midwife / dr's tomorrow and take a pee sample in with you when you go. I had pee issues at about 12-13 weeks because my womb was pressing on the bladder and stopping the pee, it went away after a few days but was really uncomfy for a while,sometimes it happens just before your womb 'pops' out of the pelvic cavity.
    chill out, drink loads and seek advice tomorrrow.
    xx

4. Jacey

Jacey Well-Known Member

Thanks both, hadnt thought of a urine infection, havent none of the usual symptoms but u never know!! Will take ur advice and rest up and drink more water and see what gp or midwife thinks in morning, hopefully it will pass x

cheers xx