Uncomfortable pressure in the cervix area?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Princess pea, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Princess pea

Princess pea Mum of 2 beautiful girls

Hi all, I'm 23+3 at the moment, and have had a heavy/ pressure feeling in my vagina/cervix area. My LO has always been v low down, I am always getting kicks in that area.... But I am starting to worry now. I've searched the site, and came across the preemie forum which says that pressure is a sign of premature labour!

Anyone else had this too?

2. RebeccaR19

RebeccaR19 Well-Known Member

I haven't had that. I have felt kicks down there, though. And the first time I did I kind of freaked out because I didn't know what was going on!

If you are worried, you can always call your doctor and ask about it. I mean, I'd probably just rest a little bit and only worry about preterm labor if your water broke or if you started having contractions.

Good luck! I think everything is probably okay. :)

3. CS_and_bump

CS_and_bump Well-Known Member

My Little man is very low and i used to feel him kick just below my belly button but this week ive only felt him kick really low like hes kicking my cervix. I also feel hes really low and the pressure is more than normal but im not too worried just think hes been a monkey already x x x

4. kimbotrav

kimbotrav Well-Known Member

hi i have had that pressure since 14 weeks on and of and got told it was nothing and sometimes people get it but if it gets bad i would let ure midwife or doc know as u said it is sometimes a sign of preterm labour best to be on the safe side i say thats what they are there for big hugs xxxx

5. mummyto3

mummyto3 3 gorgeos kids

im 16 wek and i get it alot too ut if i sit down and rest it goes away x

6. BabyKing

BabyKing Mummy & Pregnant

i was feeling this a lot about 3 weeks ago, i like yourself was a bit worried.
    i spoke to midwife, she said, it was just a feeling you can get from the extra weight, & blood flow down below.
    so it wasn't anything to worry about.
    but if you are concerned, phone your midwife hun :flower:

7. Princess pea

Just a quick update, am sitting in hospital having been seen by a doctor. Now I'm waiting for the diagnosis x

8. Kaileymonster

Kaileymonster Mammy and bump

Just came across this... I've had bad SPD and this is how it started for me... Bad pressure and LO kicking my cervix... then the grinding pain started about 25 weeks.

Not saying it's that, it just might be beneficial to speak to your Dr. about it..

9. Chocciebutton

Chocciebutton Well-Known Member

Hi....I am 24 weeks and I have the exact same thing!!!! I also had SPD with my previous 2 pregnancies, although this does feel different. The baby seems to be lower down this time round and I am getting tightenings that are irregular across my belly button area, again I did have this before

10. Freya

Freya Toddler and baby

Hope all is ok, it most likely is but some medical reassurance will put your mind at rest! Keep us posted xx

11. Ashley9603

Ashley9603 Well-Known Member

I have been getting that pressure since I have been 12 weeks,its on and off.

12. soon to be 3

soon to be 3 Well-Known Member

hi,i know i should be over in 3rd now but love it to much here lol i just wanted to say i have this to some times its so bad i feel like his foot is going to come out i also have spd the pain of that is just to much so im sure u would know if u had that.the pressure feeling is so horrible i always ask my GP/MW as i have had a few health problems and told baby could come early but they all say its fine and he just loves being so low down they better be right im going back to MW on wed so will ask again.let us know how u get on hope Ur OK all the best xxx

13. RebeccaR19

RebeccaR19 Well-Known Member

Just checking in to see how everything went! :)

14. kimbotrav

kimbotrav Well-Known Member

hi hope everythings ok :) xxxx

15. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Well-Known Member

Hope all is well with you and your little 'un hon xx

16. Princess pea

Hi All,

Sorry it took so long to come back to you, have had no wifi!

Anyway, basically all is fine. I had some very uncomfortable internals and they say that she is just very low, and I'm not to worry.

Thanks all for your responses, it's good to hear I'm not the only one to be going through this xxx

17. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Well-Known Member

Great news hon :) x

18. JFS

JFS Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. I've had the same thing for the last couple days and am really glad it's nothing to worry about.

19. Princess pea

As a side note though, if it's happening to you, I would still get checked out, best to be safe xx

20. BabyKing

BabyKing Mummy & Pregnant

Awe glad all is well :)