Under Rib Pain...

TuckersWifey6

Reaction score
So I am 27wks 1day pregnant and I have been having this pain under my ribs. Its on the right side under my ribs. It feels like a weird muscle pain or my ribs hitting the baby. My mom said it could be a sign of pre-eclampsia and I read online that it is a symptom too. My husband is worried and doesn't want anything to be wrong with me or the baby. I have had a very normal pregnancy with no complications thus far. I have had low blood pressure and the baby kicks regularly.

What I am wondering is, has anyone else had this worry or problem? Are my husband and I worried for nothing or should I see my dr? I would appreciate ANY input.

Thanks!!!

I posted the same thing a few days ago!!! I have pain under my right rib just like you describe, especially when I'm sitting down and I realized today that I think its bubs pushing against the ribs! I was also worried that it was something like pre-eclampsia or liver/gallstones but I also have low bp and no other symptoms. Then today I felt pressure/dull pain under the rib while I was at work and then I got a couple of good kicks! :D So I think when I am sitting, it compresses my tummy and gives bubs easier access to my rib area, because for me the pain gets better when I'm standing or lying down.
If you are concerned or it gets worse, I would give your doc or mw a call, but I wouldn't be too worried yet! I hope it feels better soon and that it is just bubs giving you a few head butts :D

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->