Underage and Pregnant..

L

Laura--x

Anyone else watch this on Mondays on BBCThree?

What do you think of it?

iv watched the first two, i just think its scarey!! i mean some of them are great but one or two of them were awful, Dont really wanna say too much about it to be honest as i dont wanna offend anyone but i think the one with the twin girls was the most shocking i dont know what i'd do if that was my kids!

iv watched the first two, i just think its scarey!! i mean some of them are great but one or two of them were awful, Dont really wanna say too much about it to be honest as i dont wanna offend anyone but i think the one with the twin girls was the most shocking i dont know what i'd do if that was my kids!

Ditto.

I watched it tonight and i had mixed thoughts. I thought one of the boyfriends was about as much use as a chocolate teapot!
& 57 hours in labour?! I felt so sorry for her! Lol but her baby was gorgeous. Wanna see next weeks.. I think the boyfriend seemed quite nice and supportive from what i saw of the preview.
I wanna see a programme about younger mums.. Older than 'underage'.

xx

(one that doesn't make us look like unfit mothers i might add!)

oh yeah another thing...when i was watching it it said somthing about teen mums are more likely to *cant remember what they said here* than "older" mums.... :shock: i was like what!!!! does that mean im an "older" mum because im 22!! :rofl:

Yeah that boyfriend of the girl who had her baby at the end.. what a plank!! Urgh i couldnt stay with him, i hope she dont get back with him.

That other girl i thought seemed quite mature, and her boyfriend seemed it for his age.

Yeah i agree, id like to see programmes of 17/18 year olds, not so much 14/15 year olds!

I don't understand why some of the boyfriends haven't been at the birth for some of the babies...Maybe its just me but my OH would not be getting out of that one!

i think that gary i think his name was, was abit useless and i wouldnt stay with him if he was my babys dad. I do actually quite like the show but id also like to see one about 17/18 year old mums

i think the whole point of it is 17/18 isnt underage...lol once you get too 16 you can have as much sex as you want = as many babys as you want! iv seen a few programs about younger mums and they seem to do a fine job, my mum was 18 when i was born and she manged just fine, on the other hand OH's mum was 15 when he was born and done an awfulk job, ended up getting him took off her when he was 18 months!

I dont think age has anything to do with it tbh.. its all about maturity levels and how much responsiblity youve had to take on in your life..

Ive had to take on loads on responsiblity, and have been very very mature since the age of 13/14... yet someone who hasnt had to take on any at that age is very immature..

haha yeah like (god forbid) if my little sister got pregnant she's 13, i mean i think she'd handle it a million times better than i would have at 13! goodness i wasnt even thinking about kissing boys at that age yet shes off out with her friends pieling on the make up and snogging god knows what! shes brilliant with charlie and altho i'd probably strangle her if she ever even thought about having sex before she was at least 15 she would make a much better mother than i would at even 17 year old! not because shes the kind of girl to go out and sleep with a boy because shes far from it she completly has her head screwed on and knows sex can lead to babys which she most definatly doesnt want, it does scare me to think about it tho i mean shes on the pill but thats for her periods and nothing else, anyway what im trying to say is i totaly agree with you some very very young girls can make much better mothers than some older ones but then its the same the other way round isnt it some can make awful mothers, i think some of it does have somthing to do with age but alot of it as you say is down too the way the person is!

Laura I know exactly what you mean even though im 20, ALL my friends still go out 3/4 times a week getting shitfaced and going home with whoever. When I got pregnant I grew up, before that tbh I didnt have any responsibilities.

I think I was more or less ready to grow up then, if I had got pregnant even a 6months/ayear before what I did I don't know what I would of done.

i have been watching i really like it, i find it interesting i cant imagine how they cope they are lucky to have good families that support them i suppose not everyone can be so lucky,

I thought the 15 year old girls mother was probably holding her back by not really letting her learn to do stuff for herself if you get me? Like she seemed to be acting like it was her son, not her grandson xx

Yeah i agree Katy... when the mother was doing all the nightfeeds and stuff? The childs own mother said ' i find it quite easy, i do some of the bottles, some of the nappy changes and play with him', her mum does the most of it!

If my daughter got pregnant that young, of course id help her out and whatnot, but no way would i do all of the night feeds and most of the work. She put herself into that situation, she would have to deal with it ( if she kept it ), of course id do the odd night feeds and stuff, but id make her learn what motherhood is all about!

I found it bit shocking. The common line of we were drunk and forgot. Then fell pregnant.

All i can say is, amber having it drilled into her no sex until shes 16, then want us to talk about which protect she will use and will remember etc. (Hopefully my expierence will help her see waiting is best option)

No way do i want my daughter having a 3yr old when she has to take her GCSE's, hard enough without adding another person into the picture.

That Gary needs a good kick up the bum and im not being funny or anything but i think she needs one too. I know having a baby is hard but she didnt even do the night feeds and left it all to her mom. It alright if you want the odd night off, i can totaly understand that but the baby shouldnt really be sleeping in her moms room and it shouldnt be left upto her mom to feed it every night. Well that just my opinion anyway i may be wrong lol. On the other hand i think the first couple were really mature and were doing a wonderfull job :)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"