Understanding OPKs overseas...help, please!!

RandaPanda

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have just ordered a whole bunch of OPKs and they should arrive soon (hopefully in time for me to use them this cycle...)

The problem is that I am in China and don't know how to read Chinese, and I know that the OPKs instructions will be all in Chinese :dohh:

Since I have no idea how to use them or interpret the results, even in English, I'm wondering if any of you lovelies could tell me what I should be looking for (i.e. how to distinguish between positive and negative). Are all non-digital OPKs essentially the same? Also...I pee in a cup and stick the test in??

Lol, I feel like an idiot, but that's how I feel a lot of the time in China :haha: When it comes time for checking for a BFP, I can just picture DH and I staring at the stick, totally baffled and looking at the diagrams on the Chinese instructions :haha: It adds a whole new level of adventure to TTC!

Thanks for any help you can provide :)

:hugs: I feel the same way being in Korea. You are not alone.

With most ovulation tests you want the test line to be darker or as dark as the control line to be considered a true positive. Something like this

https://www.babymed.com/sites/default/files/opk_strips.jpg
Test line is on the left, control line on the right.

Anything that isn't as dark or darker than the control line is considered negative.
images

Most women have LH present in their systems at all time, so you will always get some kind of line on an ovulation test. :flower:

LittleBunnie, thank you so much! It's nice to meet someone who's overseas as well :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->