Understanding why af may be late and negative hpts

orionfox

Reaction score
ive been seeing a lot of people being confused as to when their af is late but they are getting negative hpts. Unfortunately a late af is not the best at 100% confirming possible pregnancy. Most often af is late because ovulation was late due to stress etc. We might not feel stressed, but our bodies are quite in tune. TTC can often be very stressful. Heck its been a while for me and a few times stress caused late ovulation for me. The best way to prepare for a possible late af is to track each month when you ovulate. If it happens a few days later than your average, af may come late. That way you can prepare ahead of time for the possibility.

Then comes why hpts are negative during late af. If you are in deed pregnant, you may not be producing enough of the hormone to be detected. A lot of times its not until a week after a missed af. So if af is late, dont be confused or count yourself out. Either its that you ovulated late or your homone isnt high enough yet. But the most impirtant thing to know is just breath and relax. Keep the fun in ttc :) Just think, you are getting more and more "practice" in lol.

ive been seeing a lot of people being confused as to when their af is late but they are getting negative hpts. Unfortunately a late af is not the best at 100% confirming possible pregnancy. Most often af is late because ovulation was late due to stress etc. We might not feel stressed, but our bodies are quite in tune. TTC can often be very stressful. Heck its been a while for me and a few times stress caused late ovulation for me. The best way to prepare for a possible late af is to track each month when you ovulate. If it happens a few days later than your average, af may come late. That way you can prepare ahead of time for the possibility.

Then comes why hpts are negative during late af. If you are in deed pregnant, you may not be producing enough of the hormone to be detected. A lot of times its not until a week after a missed af. So if af is late, dont be confused or count yourself out. Either its that you ovulated late or your homone isnt high enough yet. But the most impirtant thing to know is just breath and relax. Keep the fun in ttc :) Just think, you are getting more and more "practice" in lol.
Hi, all of this is so confusing, my partner and i are TTC(only Pregnancy slang i know)
but the whole Tests(6 days before this and 5 after this) and terminology is so confusing!

all i know is ive been waiting 8 days...how much longer in simple enlish do i wait for before testing? :( online info just confuses me.

thanks xx :)

From what ive read up, is that most people wait until af is late to start testing unless they are having strong symptoms or the urge to test early. But sometimes some people get a few bfn (big fat negative) before they get their positive. Its really a patience and waiting game. Unfortunately most symptoms mimic af symptoms so it confuses a lot of people. TTC is soooo confusing and complicated for a bunch of us.

From what ive read up, is that most people wait until af is late to start testing unless they are having strong symptoms or the urge to test early. But sometimes some people get a few bfn (big fat negative) before they get their positive. Its really a patience and waiting game. Unfortunately most symptoms mimic af symptoms so it confuses a lot of people. TTC is soooo confusing and complicated for a bunch of us.
Alright then Thanks :)

I guess i just need to wait and hope :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back