Uneasy

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by HaleyD, Jan 7, 2019.

1. HaleyD

HaleyD New Member

Hey guys, my son is 8 months old and as I was holing him the other day, I felt a very small bony lump on his bottom left rib. If you trace a line from his nipple down to the bottom rib, that's where it's located. I took him to the pediatrician and she said she thinks it's just a ridge where the cartilage meets the bone, however, it's only on the left side. I am a worrier anyway, so I'm still a bit uneasy.

Has anyone else found anything like that on their LO?

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

2. HaleyD

HaleyD New Member

3. IchigoMewMew

IchigoMewMew Me, DH and DD

Rib cages come in all different shapes and sizes, little ones have more cartilage than we do so the joins will feel more obvious. If your pediatrician isn't concerned I wouldn't worry, you may find it will disappear as he grows

4. Teri7489

Teri7489 Proud mummy

No on my little one but myself. My bottom left rib curves out and in again with a little lump on it. When I was heavier I couldn't notice it, now I've lost quite a bit of weight it's more noticeable but isn't sore or cause any problems. It's been there since I was born so cant be anything to worry about x

5. HaleyD

HaleyD New Member

Thanks so much for replying, guys. Makes me feel better to hear from others.

6. Babybump87

Babybump87 Mummy to 2 Princess and 1 Prince

We found a lump on DDs back when she was a few months old just below her rib area . Went to scans etc . Turns out it’s just a bit of fatty tissue that will either disappear as she gets older or just remain.

I’m sure if your pead was worried she would have investigated it. We always have something to worry about as mums with our kids !

7. HaleyD

HaleyD New Member

That is the truth!!!