Unhappy Baby = Bad Mother?

MissMamma

Mummy
Reaction score
How do i know if i'm doing things right if my baby is always unhappy?

I get a couple of hours in the morning where she smiles and laughs and we play games [didnt even get that this morning though] and from then she just cries. Constantly.

I am trying my best. She has my attention 24 hours a day. Until she is sleeping I dont eat, dont pee, the telly doesnt go on, i dont come on BnB, i dont wash, i dont do my hair and housework doesnt get done.

I just dont get it. What am i doing wrong? :cry:

:hugs: it doesn't mean your a bad mummy!

Could she be stressed or tense? Have you tried baby massage?

Or is there anything she really likes doing that you could do more often? Baths? Walks?

Sorry I'm just throwing ideas out there really xx

Its called colic man and it blows. it has nothing to do with you witha bad mom I promise. A friend of mine was the same way and her son just cried. They make stuff for it, Gripe water uh tablets and so on.( not completely sure as Lane was not like that until he started teething) BUT If you are worried talk to the dr about it. You are totally not a bad mom though:hugs::hugs:

Hope it helps!

Kenneth was the same way at that age. He would cry quite a lot and I would feel terrible because he's have good parts of the day where he'd be happy and smiley but than he'd have horrible parts where he'd scream, cry and everything, I felt like a bad mom too but you're not so don't feel that way :hugs:

As Kenneth has gotten older and can sit independently by himself and play, it's rare he cries unless he's tired or hungry. At that age, you're lucky if you get a baby that sleeps and never cries. Don't feel bad though hun! It's completely normal :hugs:

Aw sweet heart I'm sorry. This is the type of baby I was and I know it was awful for my mom.

Don't stop yourself from doing things though, hon. She's going to try anyway. Run to the kitchen and grab food, go pee, get fully dressed so you feel better.

Maybe you need to go back to living. If your baby won't be happy anyway - go pee, wash your face\hands, brush your teeth. Do your hair and put on some lip gloss - you'll feel more human if you do. Does she have somewhere to sit? Maybe it's time you let her watch you do the dishes while you talk to her, explain to her what you are doing as you fold up a load of laundry.

My first - I love him but holy that child was never happy, he cried so much I thought I'd go crazy. Finally I had to learn it's not a mother's job to make her children happy. If they are fed, clean, have slept - at some point the child's temperament comes into play.

:hugs: Definately does not make you a bad mum! Quite a lot of babies will go through this whingey stage. It COULD be a vast number of things making her so grizzley, colic is a major one. My daughter had MILD colic, and she would SCREAM! Teething is another possibility.. Try not to let it get to you. You are doing everything you can for her, sometimes you just have to let them get on with having a cry after you've tried everything.

Again, it does NOT make you a bad mum. In fact it makes you an amazing mum for caring so much and trying everything to make your little one happy again! :flower:

xoxox

You're not doing anything wrong, Noah was exactly the same... I'd always wonder what I was doing to make him so unhappy :nope:

Now.... He's the happiest little boy you could meet!! Unless he's tired or hungry, he's CONSTANTLY laughing, smiling, exploring... I think he was just frustrated when he was younger cos he couldnt DO anything, as he got older and able to do more things he got happier... Probably just a case of waiting it out hun, but it does get alot better, i'll admit I was miserable as hell when Noah was like this, how couldnt I be? All he did was cry!! But now he's a joy :D xxx

Alot of babies are like that when they're little, lol.

Aiden is a TERROR after about 3pm or so. He cries, whines, screams, and basically tries to rip my hair out of my head. Its not because he's tired, hungry, etc. He just needs to let it out after keeping it in all morning I guess.

He's already starting to grow out of it so I'm sure your LO will too!

She is sooo young, I really don't think how content they are is an indication of how good a parent you are until they're older maybe (and of course even then there are kids with more difficult personalities).

A baby that young I'd wonder if she has gas/colic, if she is overstimulated, gets enough rest... plus you need to take care of yourself too. Babies can sense when you are stressed/nervous/upset and will be unsettled because of it too at times, so take some time to yourself so you have more energy and can be more relaxed? <3

It definitely doesn't make you a bad mum :hugs: Esmee was like this a lot when she was young, and now she's the happiest little girl i've ever seen, always smiling and laughing :)
How often does she nap?
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"