Uninvited house guests screwing LOs bed time

xnmd1

mommmy of 1
Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with people showing up to their house uninvited :growlmad:

Last night 2 of OHs friends called and asked if they could come up. OH said it would be okay, long as they're gone before 8 so we can get LO ready for bed. So they said they wern't going to bother comming at all.
Then they SHOWED UP without called at 9! After we specifically said!

Do you think my baby is going to go to bed at 10 when the most action that's gone on all day starts at 9? nope! It was supposed to be LOs quiet cuddle time before bed
So LO got to bed at 12 last night instead of 10 :dohh: that means i'm tired and he's cranky because he certainly didn't sleep in any later.

I made it very clear they wern't welcome here and they did leave pretty quickly.
BUT .. not before calling my baby fat! And saying he'd always be fat his whole life because OH has a bit of a beer belly.Normally I would shrug this off but I was down right pissed off and I told the bugger off for calling him fat! When Jarrett was weighed near Christmas time he was only in the 3rd percentile! and Hes done very well at putting on weight but he's hardly FAT! he MIGHT be 10 pounds atm.

Also I went into the nursery to express without saying anything and heard the one who call LO fat ask where I went. OH said "i'm pretty sure she's pumping" and then he said "That's absolutly discusting , don't go in to any more detail with that please" .. then I heard OH snap back "What? Someone pumps milk out of a cows tit and you drink it! ( :rofl: ) Wtf is discusting about a baby drinking expressed breast milk?!" :haha:

But seriously. Its so rude to show up with out calling :dohh: Why do people do this? I wouldn't dream of it! Especially not someone with a baby

I am awful but i actually wont open the door if people turn up without calling first! I just hide in the back of the house! My husband is nicer though and lets people in! We have had guests 2 nights this week (invited) that hadn't gone by the time we usually go to bed - me and lo go to bed at the same time, 9pm. I felt really rude but i just got up, took baby and said goodnight. I think they were a bit put out but i was too tired to care to be honest!

yeah this can happen at our house too, though i get just as pissed with uninvited day visitors, they always call at nap or feeding time!!!!

3 days after he was born I was on my own with LO just trying to survive the day and had 7 sets of uninvited visitors who all expected a cup of tea/cake etc!!! It was a nightmare. It has calmed down now, and I tend to just ignore visitors at unsocial hours and take LO upstairs for bath, boob, bed etc.

I have also been known to not answer the door at feeding/nap times!!!! The problem is MIL (she has a key!).

I am awful but i actually wont open the door if people turn up without calling first! I just hide in the back of the house! My husband is nicer though and lets people in! We have had guests 2 nights this week (invited) that hadn't gone by the time we usually go to bed - me and lo go to bed at the same time, 9pm. I felt really rude but i just got up, took baby and said goodnight. I think they were a bit put out but i was too tired to care to be honest!

Oh if OH isn't home I ignore people too! The other night someone was knocking on the door .. no clue who it was. I picked LO up and went to the bedroom, put his soother in his mouth and kept saying "shhhhhh". :haha: I thought LO was gonna blow my cover!

yeah this can happen at our house too, though i get just as pissed with uninvited day visitors, they always call at nap or feeding time!!!!

3 days after he was born I was on my own with LO just trying to survive the day and had 7 sets of uninvited visitors who all expected a cup of tea/cake etc!!! It was a nightmare. It has calmed down now, and I tend to just ignore visitors at unsocial hours and take LO upstairs for bath, boob, bed etc.

I have also been known to not answer the door at feeding/nap times!!!! The problem is MIL (she has a key!).

oh god, a key! :shock: MIL wouldn't be getting a key over my dead body :rofl:
i'm also notorious for not answering the phone! :haha:
wow, i'm an antisocial bitch :haha:

oh god, a key! :shock: MIL wouldn't be getting a key over my dead body :rofl:
i'm also notorious for not answering the phone! :haha:
wow, i'm an antisocial bitch :haha:

hmm beginning to think it was a mistake!!! She has had one for 4 years since we got the dog, they used to pop over in the day when we were at work to play with the puppy!!!! Problem is now LO is the puppy and I am not at work!!! GRRRR, still at least today she brought a stew with her so I don't have to worry about tea!

Ha! I dont answer the phone either! Wish i could say its only since lo arrived but i have always hated unexpected guests so dont worry, you are not the only antisocial one! DH tried to give mil a key for emergencies and i told him i would get the locks changed if he did!

Lol i dont answer the door either.. Everyone who matters rings before they come conveniently!! Lol

And if people come at anti social times im anti social with them.. I jus take lo upstairs and dnt giv 2 hoots abt the uninvited guests.. I think its rude whether u have a lo or not.. To turn up uninvited.. I always dreaded that when i moved in with hubby.. Meansi would always have to have stuff to make tea and biscuits in the house!! Lol x

oh btw, the people up stairs are going off at one another again :rofl:
and atleast shes feeding you!

I'm sorry, that is terrible! That would annoy me SO much. I would never even think to show up at someone's house unexpectedly child or no child, because I know if it were to happen to me I'd be so upset. That's awful :hugs:

One time about a month ago, same guys..
I went outside for a smoke at 1:00 a.m. after feeding LO. and they were standing outside my door! I was like :shock: "what are you doing here"

He said he was just driving by and saw my lights on so had to stop in!
I am sorry but it was ONE in the morning, I was up feeding LO, OH wakes at 7 for work. and there is absolutly NO reason to EVER be "just driving by" on my street .. there's nothing on this street at all!

ooh I wish I could earwig your neighbours!!!!! And who on earth calls anywhere at 1.00am!?!?! That is just madness!!!!!

wasn;t even a call, he was at my front door!

madness!!! absolute madness! What did he expect?! tea and cake?!!! I'd have been fuming!!!

i wish i could i could just not answer the door. cus we're still renovating we have no blinds or curtains so she just looks through the window. she always comes when i'm feeding or when i've just managed to get alfie to sleed & he's laid on me, then she expects me to get up & open the door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"