Unique boys names

Jamiesmummy22

Reaction score
As the title says looking for some help with unique boys names. His middle name is going to be Kevin after my dad and the last name is going to be Anderson. I already have a few first names I like but either family or my OH hate them.

I just love Junior, where I’m from it’s not hugely popular either. OH doesn’t mind it but thinks we can do better. Family hate it which is very off putting.

Second to that I like Taylor, OH doesn’t like it, I originally wanted to call our oldest son Taylor Jamie (TJ) shortened but ended up calling him Jamie OH picked it and now I wish I had stuck to my guns!

Caleb is another name I like.

My son likes the name Kayden, I don’t mind it, OH hates it!
He’s really annoying when it comes to name picking.

Anymore suggestions would be great. Like I say I love the name Junior I think it goes nicely with Jamie... what’s everyone’s thoughts on it?

TBH junior is a lovely nickname for a child but imagine him as a grown man called junior. Personally I think a name should grow with the child but that's just my opinion. Maybe as a compromise Kevin Junior ? and he has option of using Kevin when older.

Taylor was one of my favorite boy names and my husband shot it down 3 times lol we ended up with Jakob, Xander and Oakley.

Taylor was one of my favorite boy names and my husband shot it down 3 times lol we ended up with Jakob, Xander and Oakley.

I love Taylor, Still as much now as I did 8 years ago when pregnant with my son so least I know I won’t go off that name. Men eh they are a pain in the ass lol. Aww lovely names I love Oakley! OH hates it don’t think we will ever agree on a name! x

What names if any has your DH suggested ! I find men are so annoying when it comes to picking a name . They either pick something totally random or shoot down your name choice!

I like Taylor and Junior! If baby No3 for us is a boy we are going with James for his first name

Okay, I would avoid Junior. His whole life people will ask you and then him - when he’s of age- what his “real name” is? (I go by my middle name as my mom and I have the same name and this was EXTREMELY annoying growing up and still confusing now). Also, as a grown man handing in his resume or applying for school I’d be worried as people can be super judgemental. You want your sons life to be as easy as possible of course, and take it from me a nickname as a legal name is a hindrance from birth until you need official documents for adulthood. I’d really avoid that personally, but is adorable and suitable as an informal nickname for any young boy!

Love the name Jamie - just love love love it! So I understand how thatd be hard to match!! Caleb is a beautiful name! Were you or your husband liking the idea of another J name? That could be nice?

What names if any has your DH suggested ! I find men are so annoying when it comes to picking a name . They either pick something totally random or shoot down your name choice!

I like Taylor and Junior! If baby No3 for us is a boy we are going with James for his first name

You are totally spot on... he has come up with random names a few to name are Seth, Sam, Richard and Lachlan/ Locklan... Loki for short... I hate his choices. The only name I like out of them is Lachlan or locklan. However the names i’ve suggested he’s shot down complaining that they are surnames, too American, too popular, too biblical... I actually can’t win!
I’m really liking Taylor and Caleb so far.
Congratulations, James is a lovely name x

Skyler/Skylar?
Ryder?
Colin?
Conner?
I also like Oliver!

We amazingly found a first name but are stuck on the middle. We have a whole arsenal of girl names but boys have ALWAYS been tough for us to agree on. Now we're expecting boy#3, go figure!

I love Taylor, Still as much now as I did 8 years ago when pregnant with my son so least I know I won’t go off that name. Men eh they are a pain in the ass lol. Aww lovely names I love Oakley! OH hates it don’t think we will ever agree on a name! x
I havent been on in a bit due to moving across the country and getting settled. But since have found out we are adding baby boy number 4 to our family and hubby is letting me use Taylor so come July I will have my long awaited Taylor Storm!!

Junior is a cute nickname for a baby/toddler so you can still enjoy using that name when he's young. But I agree being a grown man or an elderly man named only "Junior" without actually being a junior could be awkward. I like Lachlan a lot!

Mrs congrats on your name selection! Where did Storm come from? What happened to Kevin?

I havent been on in a bit due to moving across the country and getting settled. But since have found out we are adding baby boy number 4 to our family and hubby is letting me use Taylor so come July I will have my long awaited Taylor Storm!!

I am the same haven’t been on here a lot as of late. Yaayy congratulations what a lovely name glad to hear your hubby has come round to letting you use Taylor.... I am still working on it lol I keep referring to my bump as Taylor and he’s keeps joking saying who’s Taylor so I think he may be coming round to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->