Unique starter

Discussion in 'Santa's Grotto' started by charliemeg, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charliemeg

charliemeg Waiting

Can anyone help?

I am hosting xmas dinner this year and am stuck on what to do for the starter.

Last year I did cream cheese on a cracker with Caviar on one and smoke salmon on the other so everyone is expecting something unique this year. I really didnt like the Caviar and wont ever buy it again. Mind you it was only cheap stuff so maybe that had something to do with it :laugh2:

I am cooking for about 12 people and wanted to do something easy and cheap that looks amazing and tastes great.

Any recipes will be greatly appreciated as I dont have a clue what to do. :shrug:

2. princess_bump

princess_bump Happy Wife & Mumma!

we normally do pretty borning stuff - yours sounds fantastic - we kind of alternate between tomato soup, prawn cocktails, pate on toast and my very favouite - little indian and chinese snacks :)

3. elmaxie

elmaxie Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.

Yup we are boring too having prawn cocktail or soup...

I like the indian or chinese selection starters...but we usually have that on Christmas eve as nighttime nibbles..

Emma.x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.