University Students and Financial Assistance during studies... (Very long, sorry!)

Im currently ttc and me and my partner would manage (not sure how) he works but doesn't get much! I didn't realise the extra support as when i looked online housing benefit it given to those who study part time and not full time!!?? Dont know how that works!! But anyhow!

Myself nor my family have ever claimed benefits apart from the standard child benefit. But if im honest if that's what your entillted to then I would take it. If you and your partner are studying full time and having to pay for childcare then the extra money could help to pay for fun days out and holidays together.

Sorry for the ramble

x

Unfortunately, that's how things are, well not so much for you! I mean that Tongue in cheek, so please don't take offence :hugs:

The sad thing is, if you & OH were married your level of help would seriously decline, even more-so if he was working FT, not studying! This was the situation that I was in as an undergrad with a 17month old & a newborn.

So, in answer to your post, yes, babies ARE that expensive, but be grateful you have the help & financial support you need to continue your studies. If you are eligible to receive the help on offer, take it & don't feel bad. I don't know anyone studying with a LO that would decline what you have been offered :shrug:

I am also a university student and am pretty impressed with how much I'll be recieving, I guess all you can do is make the most of it really!
I've never had a baby before but I really doubt a baby will cost an extra 250 a week unless you're a big spender. We're using reusable nappies and other money saving things so I think we should be able to survive comfortably enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->