If you have severe health problems, money problems or hubby is away for some reason, or any other significant reason, ignore this post. However, if you're putting it off because you want to be 28 when you have your first baby, or you want to live in a slightly nicer area, or you don't quite feel 'ready' (take it from someone who knows - you never will, it will ALWAYS be scary to some degree!) or any other reason that isn't really a reason that can't be gotten round easily, don't put it off. You have no idea what is round the corner and you have no idea the heartbreak it will cause if something happens next week, next month, in three months that might impede your ability to have a baby and you will wish you'd just tried when you had the chance. I speak as someone who knows. I had my first baby in 2010 and always wanted a second. I was 200% broody until my daughter was about 10 months old and it then started to ebb and flow. We tried for one month when she was 14 months old, but quickly decided to wait until she turns 2 next April as we had a few (pathetic, some materialistic) reasons for wanting a bigger gap. So at the beginning of October I had a new mirena coil fitted and was happy with the decision we'd made. Until October 27th. My husband had had some pain in one of his fingers and been seeing his GP who was treating it as an infection. He saw another GP in August who said it was more likely linked to his psoriasis, especially as he also has a bad ankle, intermittent back pain and now also the same thing happening to a toe. His appt with the rheumatologist was October 27th. He is 37 years old and was told he has psoriatic arthritis (a form of arthritis caused by his psoriasis) and will have to start a drug called methotrexate, which is a chemo drug but is used in low doses to treat joint problems like this. It is strongly advised against to ttc or to have a baby while either partner is on mtx (especially the woman - mtx is used as an abortion drug). The jury is out on how it affects the male's sperm, but it is thought by experts to have a similar effect on the fetus in the end, if less severe than if it's the mum that's taken it (especially as the mum takes it while carrying the baby as well). We have read and heard mixed advice - Americans tend to be more liberal about things and there are plenty of anecdotes stating that the dad was taking this drug, mum got pregnant and baby was fine. But there is a chance of birth defects, miscarriage and of poor/no fetal growth. My husband is going to be on a low dose, especially to start, so we are still int he decision stage of whether to go ahead and continue trying for a few months when he starts it (it takes a few months to get into his system anyway). We have to discuss with more drs and the specialist nurse etc. We are going to ask the GP about him getting some semen frozen for future use, and because of his situation he should get funding for this from the NHS, but there is only a 19% chance of each sample working if used at the exact right time in my cycle, and there are still then all the usual chances of miscarriage. So please, if you are waiting just because you're not quite sure or there are a few small things you are waiting to do, don't. You never know what's round the corner, and age has nothing to do with it - I am 28 and my husband is 37. We are both devastated about this and if I don't get pregnant before it's too late, I will forever regret the decision to wait for trivial reasons.