Unplanned 3rd baby and have a lot of health concerns. Please help.

EMYJC

Two boys and unexpected BFP!
Reaction score
Hi
I found out two days ago that I am expecting my 3rd baby! I have two DS age 9 and 4. Part of me is so happy but at the same time I am also very concerned whether I should continue with the pregnancy.

Reasons being- I am 40
1st baby was 6/52 early after a placental bleed at 26 weeks and then came via emergency section.
2nd baby was 10 days overdue- weighed a whopping 11lb and resulted in a massive diastasis recti needing an umbilical hernia repair. I was told to not get pregnant again following this surgery and am very concerned if I was to progress, what could happen. Anyone have any experience of this?
If I was to go ahead with this pregnancy I would obv need a section again as last 2 were that way. I have no family support to help with school run and live remotely meaning I need to drive etc.

Lastly I have had moderate changes to my smears and needed colposcopy and treatments. Smear is due in July and I now wouldn't be able to have it and it is really important I keep up to date with them.

I really really do not know what to do. My head is saying all these health worries mean it is too risky to continue but my heart is really warming to a new addition.

Pls help and pls don't judge me.

I can say from my experience, you do not have to have a 3rd section. I had 2 and then a vaginal. This baby will also be vaginal. I would call around to different doctors and see who will let you try.

It is possible that you may have another big baby, you may not though.

As for the colonoscopy, can you call that doctor and ask what they recommend now? They may have an alternative for you.

I'd speak to a doctor straight away. If you're in a country where terminations are legal and safe, then any doctor worth their salt won't mince words if your health will seriously be at risk. And the earlier the better, in all cases.

The kids you have already need you. If you want and can have this baby without serious risk to your own health, then you also need to have medical care immediately given your prior health issues.

I don't think anyone here can judge. You're the only person who really knows your own situation, and all you need right now is information - and that will have to come from medical professionals.

Best of luck x

I hope you're ok and everything is going well. I have major health problems but this will be my 7th baby. Like you I live very rurally. The youngest just always come with on the school run. Hope you're feeling better xx

Hi hon

This is so hard bless you. I have health issues to but I want to ttc another baby in 2021 when my son is a bit older. I'm just coming up to 40 in the next 10 days but will be 41 when we ttc.
I dont think ure age is a big deal because loads of womon have babies in there 40s now.
Also u wont necessarily have to have another section. U can request to have a V Bac.
With regards to having a large baby again that's a possibility and it may be that u just grow larger babies but u may not have one as big as the last one.
Its completely up to you what you decide to do but I wud definitely speak with ure doctor and see what they say.

I had a liver transplant in 2011 and was told not to get pregnant for at least 2 years but 15 months after the transplant low and behold I got pregnant. I really thought they wud make me terminate but they didnt and I was just told that I wasnt the first and I wont be the last.

The pregnany went well untill I hit 32 weeks and developed pre eclampsia ' help syndrome and cholestasis of pregnancy.
I was induced at 35+4 and I had a retained placenta and hemorrhaged badly needing emergency surgery and blood transfusions.

It was a very traumatic birth. Then 6 years later in feb 2019 I got a BFP. Was scared stiff of getting all the health problems again but it all went well. I did develop cholestasis again but my blood presure stayed low throughout.
I also ended up getting alot further and gave birth at 37+3 to a 7lb 6oz baby boy.

Every pregnancy is different hon.
I wish you all the best with what ever decision you make.

Thats definitely a tough decision and one you really need to have with your doctors. Sending you love and prayers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"