Unplanned -- how long?

jadarrak

Reaction score
Hello, We found out about a week ago that were having a baby but I am not sure how far along. We have contacted the Dr. and a Clinic to see if anyone can see us. They seem to think that we are only 4 weeks and wont see me till the end of the month. However I am convinced that I am longer along.

Timeline:

December and January first weekend period happened but was not as regular as in the past.

2nd week in January took 2 pregnancy tests and both showed up negative

Last week took another because my breasts are getting bigger and feel sore and the test showed up positive.

I have no signs of morning sickness yet but my belly looks like i am further along (could just be pudge ).

Could I be longer than 4 weeks? I feel it could be between 6 and 8 weeks but im not showing all the signs of 6-8.

I know I may be panicking when i shouldn't but being its my first time....was hoping for any thoughts?

I think its really hard to tell, a lot of people get bloating at 4-6 weeks so your belly might be bloat (my normally flat stomach looked about 4 months pregnant at 6 weeks haha) could you get your hands on a clearblue with weeks estimator? they arent entirely accurate (can be a week or so out for the 3+) but it might give you a better understanding of how far along you are? if you are 6-8 weeks you will almost definately get a 3+ reading, if you're 4 weeks you'll more than likely get a 1-2 or 2-3 reading!

I'd count from the period in January, so whenever it started would be day 1. That would give you some kind of estimate for now. So if your period started on the 1st, you'd be 5 weeks this weekend. It's not exact since women don't always ovulate exactly the same or implant, but it can give you an idea. Even if your Jan period wasn't like usual, since you got a negative 2 weeks after, I'd think you wouldn't have been pregnant before this Jan period. And bloat can cause your tummy to look much bigger. Congratulations

My bloat at 4-6 weeks was out of control. It pretty much remained a bloat issue until about 9-10 weeks, and then it went down. Only for a tiny bump to form now. Lol But this is my 2nd baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->