• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Unprotected intercourse in possible fertile window - Advice needed about opks ASAP :)

teddyed12

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Last night i had unprotected intercourse with the guy i am seeing :dohh: We are not trying for a baby at all, but have not always prevented it! That said, i would not be totally against the idea.

I was on the injection for about 9 months and it was last due in March but i never had it done. My first proper period returned in July, i then had a period in August and i then had a period last month, so i think my cycles are getting back to normal? All i know is that my last cycle was 38 days.

Now, if i am going by a 38 day cycle, today would actually be ovulation day! My question is, if i bought an ovulation detector kit and did a strip today, would it be possible to find out if i am infact ovulating today? i have never used them and dont know how they work! But i guess if i am not ovulating i dont need to spend the next 2 weeks wondering? lol

Any advice on the OPK would be great, Thanks :wacko::wacko: :flower::flower:

Is there anyone that can advise on if the OPK would show if ovulation is actually today?

Usually the opk is positive 24-72 hours before you ovulate. It goes negative by the time you ovulate (for most people). So if you think today is your ovulation day it would be too late to get a positive and know for sure. What about your cm? Have you been having ewcm? Those are also are good signs of possible ovulation.

Ah ok thankyou! i guess i wont waste my money then, i will just wait this one out!

I have never really tracked my cycle close enough to know if i am ovulating, although i did have a dull cramp in my right side earlier on today that was really strange and noticeable for around 5/10 minutes!

I guess its just a case of wetherb my cycles are regular or not, if it is another 38 day cycle then i guess i may well have the possibilty of being pregnant, let the dreaded 2 weeks commence, yay!!

x

Well good luck! How hope it all turns out which ever way you hope!

Thankyou :)

I think it would be a massive shock but i would definitely be pleased, how could i not be really when its such a wonderful thing! So i guess that makes me possibly 2dpo today!!! anyone else similar?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"