Unreachable cervix

lisa64

Reaction score
Hi ladies, am 40 plus 5 today and just back from the midwife were she tried to do a second sweep first one being on my due date on the 3rd. Both has been unsuccessful due to the cervix being to far back to reach and still thick. Babies head is still free and high this is my 2nd baby and all hope to go into labour naturally are fading. Find out tomorrow my induction date. Has anyone else experienced anything the same and went into labour naturally?

I had an unsuccessful sweep with my first baby - the midwife said she'd never not been able to find a cervix before - but I still went into labour the following day. Maybe just coincidence though, particularly as you already had one and its not worked.

...if it helps I also had some ainsley Harriet spicy Thai rice on the day I went into labour and my waters popped literally about 3 minutes after I finished eating. Might help if you're getting desperate!!
Good luck x

My me couldn't reach my cervix...w was born later that day

Wow, feeling better now ladies thanks so much xx

I am the exact same! Due my second baby on Wednesday but cervix is still very high? which has made me wonder will I need to be induced or not..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->