Unsettled nights

samantha_sarah

Proud Mummy to Ruby Mai
Reaction score
Rubys a dream in the dayn to look after but from 12am onwards shes a nightmare!

I change her, feed her, wind her and cuddle her until she drops off but then as soon as shes in the moses basket she gets unsettled and starts whining!

Even if shes asleep she will wake up as soon as i place her in it.

MW said to leave the tv on but its made no difference whatsovever.

She just wakes up as soon as shes in the basket!

Im at my wits end as im getting NO sleep lol.

Any ideas on what to do?

zane hated his moses basket so i started to co sleep from lack of room really but he sleeps fine in his cot(well did until hes started acting like a newborn with teething)

so mabe try her in a cot if u have 1 yet

Same here hun, most of the time I have him in bed with me on my nipple as its the only peace I get at night :(

i loved co sleeping zane used to sleep thru the night from 1 month old it was great i could sleep!

now he hates sleeping with me i miss it lol

the amount of times i fell asleep bf was unbelievable haha

Oh my 1st was a truly horrible baby so I hope I can help you. Have you tried adding an extra mattress/towels to the moses basket to make it a bit comfier? Have you tried giving her a dummy? Have you tried wrapping her up real tight in a blanket? Also try lining it with one of your dirty T shirts so she can smell you.

With my daughter I ended up buying an electric swing for her and she'd sleep in that as long as it kept moving. It really was a godsend, although £££.

Hope this helps.

I can't offer you any advice as im in the same boat as you but wanted to let you know im feeling your pain !!!

I would also welcome any advice !

Oh my 1st was a truly horrible baby so I hope I can help you. Have you tried adding an extra mattress/towels to the moses basket to make it a bit comfier? Have you tried giving her a dummy? Have you tried wrapping her up real tight in a blanket? Also try lining it with one of your dirty T shirts so she can smell you.

With my daughter I ended up buying an electric swing for her and she'd sleep in that as long as it kept moving. It really was a godsend, although £££.

Hope this helps.

Thanks hun, tried it all though :cry:

looks like we'l have to put her in the cot loL!

Don't have any advice, but wanted to give :hug: as I am in the same situation.

Noah will only sleep in his moses basket untill he is due for a feed approx 3am then he refuses to go back into it, so i tend to have him in the bed with me i got one off these which keeps him safe . . xx

https://www.thebabycatalogue.com/Snugglenest/productinfo/F078/

Same here Tina, Caine stays in the basket when asleep then as soon as he wakes for first feed, he wont go back and wants nipple dummy all night :(

Charlie used to be like this but OH wasn't working at the time so we did shifts. It will get better though. x

I had prob where Ben wouldnt sleep in the basket on his back so i placed his back slightly proped on a blanket, on his side nearly and he settled then (he suffers from reflux and had a fluid chest when born..) HV also said to place basket in the cot in his room, so then we werent waking him and vice versa.

Aww hun, Leo is sorta doing the same thing! Hes fab in the day but night times are a little frustrating, although he does go off eventually.

My godsend is our Boppy chair, it lies right back and he loves to sleep in that! Its sooo comfy and snuggly and gently vibrates to soothe him. I will put him in this if he doesnt settle in his basket.

Aww hun, Leo is sorta doing the same thing! Hes fab in the day but night times are a little frustrating, although he does go off eventually.

My godsend is our Boppy chair, it lies right back and he loves to sleep in that! Its sooo comfy and snuggly and gently vibrates to soothe him. I will put him in this if he doesnt settle in his basket.

lol rubys the same with her rocker! xxx

Pink or white noise!!! I bought a mini ipod for liss, with a little speaker. Downloaded a pink noise cd onto it (Pink noise is nicer to listen to than white noise) Anyway it settled her everytime she woke! It doesn't work now but did when she was a few weeks old up until around 9 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->