Unsuccessful Sweep

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by mummyjax, Dec 23, 2009.

1. mummyjax

mummyjax Well-Known Member

So I had my sweep on Monday on 39 + 2. The midwife said I was 4-5 cm dilated but still a little thick, just needed some strong contractions to get going. She also said once the contractions started not to hang around as the labour would probably be quick as my last one was 2 1/2 hours and I am already dilated to 4-5cm.

Since then I had some cramping afterwards and lost my plug on Tuesday, apart from that nothing, bit of an increase in discharge!

My legs started shaking in bed last night and thought I had a contraction but I think I maybe had a bit of a panic attack. My 2nd baby was born in the car because I didnt make it to the hospital and I keep thinking what happens if its even quicker this time and I dont make it again. It was such a scary experience and I dont want to repeat it.

Then there is the added stress of xmas and missing it with my two other kids! And to top it all off if my hubby asks me once more, and twinges I will thump him. Why can't men do all this and cope with the stress for a change! Can't wait until its his turn to go in for vasectomy, I will wind him up for it :haha:

I just can't relax and maybe that is stopping the contractions starting. Off to make some chocolate truffles to try and take my mind off it all.

2. Margie

Margie Well-Known Member

Oh you poor thing! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hope labour starts soon for you and that you make it to the hospital - and also get to spend Christmas with your family!