Unsupportive family

Xrosex

1st Trimester
Reaction score
So i havent told my family yet that im pregnant because i know their not going to be happy, im still young and i wasnt really trying to conceive but i want this baby and really i just dont want the stress of how their going to react anybody else in the same situation? Did your family come around to the idea

Why wouldn't they be happy? Are they worried as to how you can support the baby etc?
They might take time to come around but I'm sure once they get used to the idea they will be fine x

Theyl be worried about about how i can support a child and my mum has always said she doesnt want me to children young she just doesnt like the idea and i dont want it to cause tension between us

I am in a similar situation - my pregnancy was not planned and I'm not in the exact chapter of my life where I was planning for kids, and I was very very scared to tell my family. I'm a full time grad student right now.

I suggest coming up with a plan - financial etc or answers to the questions you feel like your mom will likely pose. Come up with how you will make this work. My parents were very shocked and nervous at first, mostly because this was so unexpected. That wore off after a couple weeks, and now they're supportive. Even though I had a plan in place and a really supportive OH and most of the financial stuff worked out before I even told my parents, they were pretty shocked. So just brace yourself for that and trust that they WILL come around xxxx

Thanks for the advice i do have a plan for what im going to do, good luck with the rest or your pregnancy x

We haven't told our families yet either and I'm sure we are going to wait awhile as I don't think they are going to be supportive at all... which makes no sense because we are completely independent and stable and have been for years.. DH and I both work and go to school full time while raising our DD & DS... but alot of then believe because we have one boy and one girl we don't need anymore..

I was with my now husband for two years when we had our daughter and I was the worst person in the world. Their daughter fell pregnant accidentally to a guy she was seeing after 3 months and they are treating her like the sun shines out of her ass. They've basically ignored our daughter for the last three years and we honestly don't expect much to change when they find out about this baby either so I feel your pain. All you can do is be true to yourself and strong in your resolve. Just know that this is what you want and some times people suck. Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it :) I'm sure it's not going to be easy but most people come around to the idea if they're unsupportive initially even if it takes a little bit of time :) all the best chick!

I had my first at 15 and they eventually came around so I'm sure at some point they will. The sooner you tell them the sooner they move on.

I am in a similar situation. I am still young, and we do not have everything sorted out yet but am pregnant with baby number two. The way I see it is, everything else will get sorted but my babies having an immense gap for when we are 100% financially stable, or when we have x 100% sorted out and b 100% sorted out, then we will probably end up with a 6-7 year gap and I really did not want that.

For the time being I stopped going to school (they do not know that yet) and will be a SAHM (we are planning to move, and what I am studying I won't be able to use in that country), and am planning to continue once the kids are in school.

My family is highly against SAHM, they see it as lazy, sad etc. And so to tell them that plus about our second pregnancy, well it will be no party!

If you are genuinely happy about your pregnancy I would tell them if possible after your 12th week scan, and until then secretly enjoy all the things yourself, like the weekly photo's etc. So that you do not have to deal with the 'turbulence' of first semester and their possible negativity. This way you also have some time to adjust, absorb and get used to your pregnancy or else it might become too much.

Usually they do come around at least after when the baby is born, and if not too bad for them!

im sure they will be fine after a while, everybody loves a baby! but I know where your coming from we have 5 children and I always get the comment 'you don't need anymore' blah blah blah!! nobody needs a baby its about building a family and a future!

We told my side of the family today and they are supportive and my hubby is going to call his family tonight and tell them.. so you never know they may surprise you!

Glad your family is supportive! Hopefully mine will be the same

I am 30 married sorted money and house wise, I was still nervous about telling my family, some still don't even know...... But its your life same as its mine and we should decided what we want!! Xxxx congratulations on your baby xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->