Unsure, need advice please!

alisha1418

Mother of three girls!
Reaction score
So this past week n half I’ve been sick with a Viral Infection, two ear infections (can’t hear with one ear). So I’ve been taking a week off from work just to help.
I’ve been having tea with honey and lemon to help with my sinuses. I’m 16 weeks pregnant (just at the four month mark) and I went to into the medicentre on Monday to see if anything can be helped with my ear infection. They gave me antibiotics to help, but nothing else. Since we can’t really take any medicine when we’re pregnant.

So today I’ve been having a pain in my lower back just above my hip. On my left side. Since it began I’ve been having a shooting pain up my left leg. Any suggestions to why this is happening?

Any other suggestions to help ease this cold? Anything would help.

Sounds like sciatica pain. :( I had to with both pregnancies. I'd ask the dr about maybe getting physical therapy if it gets worse.

Not sure about meds during pregnancy. It seriously sucks being sick while pregnant! Humidifier, tylenol, baths, soup. Not a whole lot of help, I know.

I’ve never heard of sciatica pain! That’s a bit scary, I’m wondering if it’s from my job i walk more then 6 hours each time is work.
I’ll have to bring this up if it continues with my Dr.

Yeah it’s been a heck of a roller coaster being sick, had to take my four year old to the hospital for how sick she got.
My Dr told me to take the baby/child versions of Tylenol or Advil. But they can only do so much LOL. I’m hoping this goes quick before I head back to work. I’ve never been this sick.

I’ve had hip pain on and off since month 4 or 5.

For me wearing a belly band helps, and also using a heating pad on the hip when it flares up.

Sounds like sciatica. It is hardcore painful i wont lie. Cant wait for it to be over once bub comes! As for being sick, oh my goodness its so tough while you are pregnant. You literally just treat yourself as you would a baby. Nothing you can take. Its a suffer it out situation. #handonface . i had a terrible gastro infection recently and thought i was dying, doc was like here you can only take pro biotics for it. Ugghhh...
Anyway. Feel better soon mama.

I agree with the sciatica pain ! It’s awful! You could try and prop yourself up in bed with both legs straight and move your foot forwards. You should feel the tension in the back of your legs !

I had a bad cold few weeks back. I’ve still got issues with my left ear so I really do feel for you! Try rest up as much as you can! Keep on top of the honey and lemon plus paracetamol ! Hope your feeling better soon !

I have had it for about a month now.....it’s pretty rubbish I’m not going to lie and paracetomal doesn’t even touch it. Made worse by the fact that I was laid up in bed all last week by the flu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->