Unsure what to think

Stacyb782

Reaction score
Hi ladies...well I have been a lurker on here for about two and a half weeks since I found out I was pregnant on October 3rd. According to my lmp I should be 7+1, but there seems to be a slow grower in me. I had a bit of brown discharge last week and had a sonogram last Monday where they didn't see anything. Had blood work twice last week and all seems fine. Had another sonogram yesterday and there was a sac, but only measured 5+4.

I had a miscarriage in March at 10 weeks so of course I am a nervous wreck. The doc seems to be positive about this, and I'm going in 10 days for another sonogram to see if there is growth. I am so terrified of this not working again and I am almost refusing to get excited because I am afraid it is all going to be ripped away from me.

I was just curious if anyone had any similar experiences and outcomes...good or bad. I'm a natural Debbie downer, so I tend to think the worst. My husband is more upbeat about it, but I'm finding it hard.

Thanks for listening to the ramble...you all are so nice and kind! It's grat to have a support system on here!!!

First of all sorry to hear about your loss :hugs: and secondly I haven't really experienced exactly what you have described but I didn't want to read and run! Haha all I can say is I did bleed throughout most of my last pregnancy on and off till late second trimester and I had absolutely no problems going on and the birth was great and he was born and still is a healthy boy! The reasoning my midwife gave for my bleeding was at first implantation bleeding which is totally normal and common and when I carried on experiencing bleeding on and off later on in the pregnancy she put it down to how some women get extra sensitive down there when they are pregnant and things like sex can cause some bleeding and even though it can give you a bit of a scare it's not harmful in anyway at all! And again quite common!

As for the being a few weeks earlier in pregnancy then you thought I'm not an expert or anything but it could possibly mean you ovulated later in the month then usual? Which would make you not as far along as you thought you where in the first place is that makes sense?

I know it's easy to say but try not worry yourself sick over it! If everything seems fine then try take it as everything is fine and will be fine! I'm also quite a "Debbie downer" :haha: a lot of the time so I know what it's like but you have to just try focus on the possitives!
Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy :flower:

Thanks so much. I'm trying not to think the worst. After all, I won't know anything for another week, but it is so hard. I never thought being pregnant would be so hard!!

Well if you ever need anyone to talk to just give me a mail, I'm on here every few days anyways :flower:

I had an early scan at 7+1 as well and the sonographer went ahead and wrote to the doctor that it was a blighted ovum! I refused to believe them, I had another scan a week later and there was my booger heartbeat and all! Even though he was measuring behind here I am almost 32 weeks with a little boy. Was it an abdominal or vaginal scan?

Ah I know how you feel!
iv already had a early loss in august and this pregnancy has been stress after stress.
first of all my hcg levels didnt double but rose.
doc was so sure I wud miscarry. Had a scan and saw empty sac measuring just under 5 weeks then another 6 days later with yolk sac and possible fetal pole but my sac was still measuring juat under 5 weeks! I have another scan next monday and It feels forever away :( I now have this fear that my sac is not growing and there will be no baby there next week .
although doctors were not concerned about my sac as they said measurments can be off.
so its a waiting game now. The not knowing is the worst!
good luck on your next scan im sure all will be fine and you ovulated late or some people measure small and soon catch up to their original dates.
x

I don't have an experience like yours just wanted to send hugs and good thoughts. Hopefully you just ovulated late and your cooking a healthy bean

It was a vaginal scan. My positive is in the week between the scans a sac showed up. I'm almost a week out from the last scan still feeling very pregnant, but have twice wiped to blood...once red and then yesterday pink. I am just on pins and needles trying to make it to that magical 12 week mark. After my loss in March I just don't think I can go through that again. Thank you ladies for your stories. They give me hope as I go towards Thursday. I will keep you updated.

I had a miscarriage a year before DD. Then at her scan's she showed a week behind according to my dates. I was bleeding on and off, she liked to keep me on my toes until 14 weeks. I was over doing things so stopped all exercise and that seemed to help. However, she's fine and health, was born on the small side and was only 15lbs 15oz but all perfect. Some babies are just small.

I'm trying to take it easy too. I have noticed when I do a ton of extra during the day, or try to dtd with my dear husband that is when I have bled. So no extra exercise...my fourth graders give me enough each day at school...and no dtd for a while either. I got a giggle from your post because you said she was a tiny 15 pounds. :)

Lol I meant 5lbs 15oz. Sorry I've had a stomach bug, plus pregnancy brain clearly never left last time. But yeah I don't DTD with OH for that very reason in 1st trimester, plus this time I just don't fancy it. I think morning sickness, then bug had helped with that.

Good to know its not just me. I feel bad, but I told him we can find other things to do for a few more weeks. 12 weeks isn't that long in the long run.

Could it be possible that you have dates mixed up or something? Maybe you're not as far along as you thought :thumbup: I bled with my first in the first trimester and she is now a happy and healthy 1 year old.

I am hoping that's all it is. I was going off of my lmp because I don't know when I ovulated. I have irregular periods that can be as long as 35 days between cycles, so that gives me hope that I am just off in my counting. Still have all the pregnancy symptoms like sore boobs and get full really fast. Nausea isn't bad, and have some cramping that feels like period cramps but I keep telling myself that it is happening because my uterus is changing so much right now.

Thank you all for the support and advice. It really is helpful right now as I don't have anyone else to talk about this with, and hubs isn't really a talker...more the strong silent type. :hugs:

Well started bleeding more today...went in for an ultra sound and no growth. Something called a blighted ovvum. This is miscarriage number 2 in the past seven months. Think we will take a few months off and try again in the new year. I can't take any,ore heart ache this year. Thank you for all of your support and reassurance ladies. Hoping you all have a happy and healthy baby to hold soon.

I'm sorry for your loss :( i"ve just come from an ultrasound and I'm experiencing somthing similiar

I'm so sorry that you too are going through this. Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->