Unusual period and UTI at the same time?

WaitWhat

Reaction score
Ok, I accepted that I got hit with my period this month but I know my body and this week has not been normal whatsoever for me.

- Last real Period - 1/30.
- Regular 32-35 day cycle. (usually at the lower end)
- Ovulation date unknown but I assume it was around the week I had sex.
- 2/28 One instance of dark brownish smudge 1 which I thought to be implantation bleeding as it fit all the descriptions. This would've also been days before my period was due. My other symptoms this day were fatigue and I was freezing.
-3/3 Negative First Response Early Test using first urine of the day.

3/4 - 3-7. I thought I had my period. Red on toilet paper. On and off spotting but no actual bleeding. I don't even need to use a pad or tampon.. sometimes there would be spotting after I pee and sometimes not. It was really random..only consistency is that it's usually something on the toilet paper when my urine is darkest.

3/7 Dark brown color is back. I actually stuck a lite tampon up there this morning because it made me itchy when it slid out of me. (not normal). There wans't enough gunk to cover the tampon. There was just mucky, dark brown color collected on the end of it. From what I've read with all my searching, very few people have "periods" when pregnant or "implantation" that is on and off for a week. It seems the people that do get their "period" just have a lighter version and this just seems way too light and strange for me.

UTI symptoms: ( I don't normally get UTIS but the symptoms fit!)
- Difficulty urinating
- Burning
- Up until 3/6, There was a metallic smell and spotting which CAN be from a UTI according to my doctor and Google. My doctor thinks my period is "starting" because the few streaks of red blood I had were too much to be from a UTI.
- Urge to urinate but it takes 20+ minutes before it comes out.
- Not peeing as much as I normally pee.
-First morning pee is dark yellow and cloudy with bubbles.

I went for a urine test this morning but because I had to drink a bottle of water to even trigger myself to go... that instantly diluted it so the test didn't pick up pregnancy nor a UTI. 16oz of water on an empty stomach and test fail.

I need to get another test tomorrow. Due to "insurance purposes", they won't give me a plastic cup to take home for the morning urine... so I'm going to pee in a sterile glass first thing tomorrow morning, put it in my pocket or bag and put it in the cup at the ER in the morning for another test to be sure it comes out correctly. :dohh: Doctor thinks I have a bacterial infection even though it didn't show up on the test.. They prescribed antibiotics. This seems like a bandaid cop out..I at least want to know what the hell bacteria they found.

The only other thing I can think of is the blood is coming from something on the inside of me irritated.. I haven't had sex in 2+ weeks but a few weeks ago I bled a bit after sex but I think it was from dryness. Did an STD test for the hell of it a few months ago and all that came out negative as well.

Aww no replies. :(

Just to add to my weirdness.... This morning, I used First Response Ovulation Strips... got 2 lines on that but only one line on the pregnancy stick. Same box.

Okay. Whatever. I don't see how I could possibly be ovulating right now with spotting and a strange, late period that never flowed when I'm never late. I *thought* I had my period on 3/4...now I have 2 ovulation lines on 3/8? Even my "lightest" periods don't look like this.

I have no advice but I just wanted to wish you luck! :flow:

goodluck! i got a touch of cystitis the other day ..but i think its from trying to keep the little fellas in there after bd lol, i usually pee after bd !
i hope all sorts out for you, xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->