Unwanted Opinion!!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by jocelynmarie, Mar 28, 2011.

1. jocelynmarie

jocelynmarie Well-Known Member

So this weekend I went to the liquor store to find a bottle of alcohol free wine. The guy working asked me how far along I was and then asked me if I was going to be finding out the sex of the baby. And I said, yes I was hoping to find out in a couple of weeks. He went OFF... "God that pisses me off, why can no one ever just keep it a surprise, why does everyone need to find out now" and on and on and on.

I didn't even know what to say. I just paid for my alcohol free wine (which I might was well just bought a bottle of grape juice! lol) and got out of the store as fast as I could!!

2. Braven05

Braven05 Mommy to Avery <3

Ugh people are annoying. Thats all there is to it.

3. CharlieKeys

CharlieKeys Well-Known Member

Just ignore him! People find out nowadays - BIG DEAL technology has advanced so why would you not want to take advantage of that!

4. CharlieKeys

CharlieKeys Well-Known Member

(the big deal was aimed At him not your post/wanting to find out lol)

5. babybambi2011

babybambi2011 mummy to 2 amazing girls

i would have told him to shut up. non of his business!! and he was completely out of order going off on one to you. my OH works for my grandad, and therefore everyone knows out business. so when one of his sectretaries asked me if i was going to find out the sex, i said yea of course! im not the most patient of people at the best of times. she started saying oh no, dont find out, blah blah blah, and i jsut said yea well, i wanna prepare! and its our choice to find out.

6. monroea

monroea Mommy to Riley

That is annoying! Good for you for not letting your pregnancy hormones get the best of you and just going off on that guy! Who is he to judge?!? I completely understand that some people want to wait and enjoy the surprise. I'm completely the opposite. I'm a typical Type A person that is very organized. If I have the chance to find out the sex of the baby, I'm going to. Finding out doesn't mean I am going to love the baby any differently or change anything, but it does mean that I can pick out clothes, names, etc.

7. jocelynmarie

jocelynmarie Well-Known Member

I was just in shock. My dad told me a while back I was cheating by finding out and blah blah blah and I told him, that it was fine for him to have his opinion, but as its my pregnancy and I'm not patient to find out, that I could leave it as a surprise for him if he wanted to wait until the birth to know what it was. Of course he doesn't want to be the last to know!! lol

Was just shocked that a complete stranger felt the need to voice such a strong opinion in such a strong manner!!

8. NOMORENUMBERS

NOMORENUMBERS Well-Known Member

finding out helped me bond with my son really well really early because i knew that he was a boy lol - not saying that people who dont find out dont get as good a bond but it really helped me so surely thats a good thing and a good reason to find out

i would have just put the bottle down and left muttering rude t**t under my breath lol

9. lau86

lau86 Well-Known Member

i dont understand why people ask questions that they arent gonna like the answer to! its none of his business is it! I know some people like a surprise but i want to find out so i can get ready and plan everything, its just who i am. i am not normally rude to people but if they are sticking their nose in about this i will defo say something!!!

10. pinkpolkadot

pinkpolkadot Well-Known Member

How rude! One of my mates got really annoyed when I told her we were finding out and as we were leaving she said she hoped it kept its legs crossed!!!!

11. kittycat18

kittycat18 Well-Known Member

I can not believe some of the posts on this thread! I didn't realise how vocal some people were when it comes to finding out the sex of YOUR baby!! It's probably because I live in Northern Ireland and all hospital in my southern health trust do not reveal the sex of the baby :thumbsup: It's against hospital policy for some strange reason... I really wanted to know actually because it would have been nice buying pink or blue now instead of when they get here. Needless to say- I don't really mind!

You should have reported that rude liquor store assistant to the company manager!!!!!!

12. PR&TR13

PR&TR13 Well-Known Member

WOW!!! I think I would have asked him if his wife, girlfriend or significant other was pregnant and if he said no then I would have said well when she is then you can make that choice!!!!! Right now it's my choice and I chose to know!!!!! I'm sorry you have a problem with that but you see that's why it's good this isn't your baby :) I really would have. If he would have said yes then I would have said congrats and glad it could be a suprise for you!!!!!

I know before I was prego I was over some friends house and one of the girls was pregnant and my friend asked her if she knew what it was and she said she didn't want to find out. My friend blurt out "that's silly" I was quick to give her a elbow to her ribs cause I know that's a very personal thing and it's like that saying opinions are like butt holes, everyone has one!!! Some should just be kept to themselves :)

13. humblebum

humblebum Mummy to 2 boys

Urgh! I've had that comment too. It's no-one's business but yours what you want to do!

14. mummy2lola

mummy2lola Mum to 2 trying for 3

tw*t.whats it got to do with him.we went for a pub lunch when i was 18wks and the waitress asked if i was going to find out and when i said yes i got the usual "i think a suprise is much nicer" i said "i hate suprises" and smiled sarcastically and she went and got my pepsi lol turns out we're having a suprise as baby didnt wanna give up the goods but i wouldnt want her knowing that now lol xx

15. Sadie79

Sadie79 Well-Known Member

Next time keep a really straight face, wait until they've finished their rant and say "I need to know because of family medical history" You've only told a little porky and it'll make them feel embarrassed!