Unwashed Sperm & At-Home IUI

wlovew

Reaction score
So I've read online that you should not ever use unwashed sperm for intrauterine insemination but the only reasoning behind it that I have read is that it will cause severe cramping. I'm willing to endure that if it would mean that I had a better chance at conceiving but I have a feeling there is more to it than just cramps... Does anyone know just exactly WHY you can't use unwashed sperm for intrauterine insemination???

The prostaglandins in the unwashed semen cause strong contractions in the uterus this results in severe cramping and in some cases infection and in rare cases uterine collapse .so its only done with washed semen. I would not risk using unwashed sperm for IUI. but you could try ICI where the semen is placed just inside the cervix average cervical length is 3- 4cm so be careful not to go beyond that and this will still raise your chances.

^ what pp said. It's the prostaglandins. Have u tried the softcups? They hold the sperm at the cervix making sure they stay in best place for most of sperm to be drawn up through the cervix. I've read good reviews :)

I also advise ICI method, it is more common with natural insemination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->