Up since 7am, won't take a bottle still!

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by Serene123, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

I know Caitlyn stops taking formula when she brings enough boobie milk through, but I still ALWAYS get worried. I don't know why. I gave her her bottle this morning and she wouldn't have ANY of it. She still hasn't had any formula (been on my boob alot though) but I guess she must be getting enough, right? I don't have the first anorexic baby or anything?

:dohh:

2. marley2580

marley2580 Well-Known Member

If she was hungry she would let you know. Have you thought about totally ditching the bottles? Might help you stop obsessing over how much she's getting.

3. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

I have done so many times but we eventually just fall back into topups. :dohh:

4. marley2580

marley2580 Well-Known Member

Throw away the bottles! lol

5. Sarah88

Sarah88 Full time working mummy

Shes obviously getting enough from you without needing formula! Maybe she's trying to tell you she think boob is best too ;)

6. massacubano

massacubano Guest

I agree she sounds like she is satisfied with what you supply by breast. I guess as long as she is not losing weight you should not worry.

7. Samantha675

Samantha675 Maybe baby #3?!?

She won't starve herself. She just prefers the booby!!!

8. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I'm sure she's fine. I bottle feed but there are days when Hannah won't eat more than 3-4 ounces at a time. I used to stress so much about it but I finally told myself if she was hungry she'd eat.

9. babe2ooo

babe2ooo mum to Jack

i would say if she doesnt want a bottle she must be getting enough from your boobs, so i would forget about giving her a bottle for now. but your doing really well if shes getting enough from your boobs

10. Serene123

Serene123 Guest

She had 3oz then fell asleep.. Normally she has had 14oz of formula by now.. I'm not going to worry though, she seems fine.

11. ryder

ryder Mum to Jasmine & Peyton

If she is hungry she will eat... Is there a time of day that she is more hungry? When she just wakes up in the morning perhaps? That is when you should try the bottle... Have you tried expressing milk instead?

I dont know what your reason for bottle feeding it, im assuming its to get her used to it so you can have some you time?

Dont worry... It will come.